Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT Fuel Cell Requirements?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post
    ...they all have to be SFI or FIA now, right?
    Reeeead the topic, Luke....

Default newbie?

I might be new to the board but I've raced professionaly for 20 years. I've seen 2 drivers I new personnaly die and could only stand going to one funeral. I've also seen a fuel cell go bouncing down the race track at least once a seson for 20 years after a car got ripped apart on impact, so excuse me if I'm not thrilled about hitting some guy's 179$ factury fuel can when it flies out of his car. The scariest thing in motorsports is to see a car on fire with someone you know in it that can't get out. So how bout you give a "newbie" a break and allow me to remind everyone about the worst day in motorsports that is easily avoidable by a PROPER FUEL CELL WITH A RUBBER BLADDER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    ...excuse me if I'm not thrilled about hitting some guy's 179$ factury fuel can when it flies out of his car.
    Problem is, Jonathan, fuel cells are not required in Improved Touring. In fact, in many cases fuel cells are not required in Production racing, either. And, of course, they're not required in Showroom Stock or Touring, either.

Given that this particular (ongoing, constantly argued, never-resolved) topic is not about whether to run fuel cells but what fuels cells to run if you choose to, your energies toward your stated goal(s) are much better spent not here on the board but rather by campaigning the CRB/BoD to require fuel cells in all car classes. I'd suggest, however, that those effort would be in vain (especially given the requirements for fuel cells in some Production cars was only recently approved...)

GA