My Rabbit has a bad OEM tank and I'm looking at fuel cells. The GCR says this:
9.3.26. FUEL CELL SPECIFICATIONS
All cars must be equipped with a safety fuel cell complying with these specifications, except for Showroom Stock, Touring, Spec Miata, and Improved Touring. All safety fuel cells shall be constructed and certified in accordance with the FIA FT-3 or higher (FT-3.5, FT-5, etc.) specifications. All safety fuel cells shall consist of a foam-filled fuel bladder enclosed in a metal container at minimum.

Does that mean if I have a cell it has to be FIA rated for Improved Touring?

I was looking at this one:
JAZ 210-510-03 - JAZ Aluminum Fuel Cells (Retails for around $225)

Found this on their site too:
Although all JAZ Products fuel cells exceed SFI SPEC 28.1, only fuel cells labeled "THIS FUEL CELL CARRIES SFI CERTIFICATION" are actually certified. Only the fuel cells that are specifically designed for classes that require SFI certification receive a serial number and SFI label. If the fuel cell you require does not come standard with certification, JAZ Products can SFI certify any cell in this website for a nominal fee. If you have any questions regarding SFI certification, or which fuel cell will fit your needs best, call our technical pros, and they can help you make the right decision regarding your application.

Back to the question -
Will this regular aluminum fuel cell be legal? It's within 12" of the old tank and would mount in the spare tire well. I already have a block off plate that would enclose the cell. Would this fly? What do you guys think?