email me some pics at [email protected]

Thanks
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

The cell is in my buddy's shop about 1hr from me in Youngstown Ohio.
    I assure you it is new.
    Bill Johnson

Thanks for all the posts everyone. Looks like I need to ask my local officials about how they read this rule. In the mean time I'm going to buy a new aftermarket tank to see if I can sort the car out before dropping the cash on a cell.

Is that new fuel cell still available or did it sell to the other guy?

Thanks,
    Tony
    '83 GTI ITB

Tony, what is the problem with the original tank? I have seen pickup problems on the 83 and 84 tanks. Something comes apart in the pickup arrangement. This can be solved using an OE vw fuel resevoir that came on the 85 cabrio and foxes. Someone had a drawing on the Production website of what I am talking about. The return from the fuel injection is plumbed into this resevoir along with an external prepump. I can look the OE number up for you if you are interested. Email me nospam at bocafed dot org.

Yes, it was an OEM tank and it had the Audi symbol on the side of it. The tank was newer and I think 3-4 years sitting empty rotted out the rubber in the bottom and the pick-up was bad. I knew there was a problem when I was draining it and the baffle was covered in fuel but nothing was coming out!

Anyway, I took a chance with an aftermarket Autozone fuel tank and it worked perfect on my shakedown run with 4 gallons. I did some high speed figure-8's in my parking lot at work (Saturday of course) and the final test will be at a nightly open track event either this Thursday or next week Wednesday.

I'll post back the results but the car is night and day different from where it was. I'll email you for those directions on changing the tank pick-up. I don't think it's a tech. item.
    '83 GTI ITB

Here is one thread from the prod site. http://prodracing.com/prodcar/viewtopic.php?t=7460

Thumbs up fixed it

My $145 Autozone gas tank did the trick. My shake down run at Gingerman Raceway went well.
    I can run it down to about 1.5 - 2 gallons before it will stall under hard turns (with race tires). I think that is good considering the money I spent.
    '83 GTI ITB