Thread: IT Triple Crown West Coast Event

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    The Bonus Points (and other rules) will apply to the (tbd) "IT-Fest West" event as well. That event will most likely happen in 2008, but we've not gotten final word from SFR on the date or format.
    It's official -- the date for this race for 2008 will be July 26th/27th, at Thunderhill Raceway. It will be a traditional regional that will count towards the ITTC.

Next year, when we have more lead time, we should be able to get some extra bonus races or something, and hopefully move it to one of our more tourist-friendly tracks, Infineon or Laguna Seca. This year, because we're late in the game, we had to find a way to fit it into the region's already published, very full, schedule.

Please support this race in 2008! It's the best way to make it something bigger and better for future seasons!
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    It's official -- the date for this race for 2008 will be July 26th/27th, at Thunderhill Raceway. It will be a traditional regional that will count towards the ITTC.

Next year, when we have more lead time, we should be able to get some extra bonus races or something, and hopefully move it to one of our more tourist-friendly tracks, Infineon or Laguna Seca. This year, because we're late in the game, we had to find a way to fit it into the region's already published, very full, schedule.

Please support this race in 2008! It's the best way to make it something bigger and better for future seasons!
    If I can finish bolting parts on, I'm in!
    :026:

Marcus, who has lots of boxes around full of go-fast goodies.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

That sounds tempting. I think Thunderhill is tourist friendly (they have the standing bar) Keep us posted as far as scheduling is concerned.
    John Norris
    #07 ITS/R BMW 325is
    #07 ITS BMW 325
    Sponsors:
    GREEN FLASH BEER
    GT International BMW Service since 1976

Hey Josh,

Sounds great, wish my car was closer to ready.

As for a name how about WCITCC (West Coast Improved Touring Car Championship), LCITCC (Left Coast...), or WRTCC (Western Regional Touring Car Championship). If you want to develop a series, maybe include all production based tub-chassis (not tube-chassis) regional cars. I've been kicking this idea around that we designate four or five regional races that the results for all toss one count. Maybe worth bragging rights and a special trophy presented at the end of the year. I know what with fuel costs being what they are this year, this might not fly untill people get used to the idea of spending 2k just for fuel on one of these trips.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

The goal right now is not to develop anything other than the ITTC. Not to say that I think it's a bad idea!

Do either one of you SoCal'ers know of a good way to publicize this to the SoCal ITers? Is there another forum or mailing list that will reach more of those people who might come up to Thunderhill?
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Josh.
    Here's the link to Calclubs forum

http://www.calclub.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

We have no races from early June until the end of August so your date falls nicely in between.

I'm giving it serious thought, either in ITS or ITR
    John Norris
    #07 ITS/R BMW 325is
    #07 ITS BMW 325
    Sponsors:
    GREEN FLASH BEER
    GT International BMW Service since 1976

Default thunderhill

hi,count me in ,thanks kim willcox