Thread: Am I reading this right?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Andy - At the NARRC Banquet, I do remember you mentioning of "top 3 in points" qualify for the Money Fund, but I have no recollection of "we are abolishing the fund", being mentioned - Did I miss that?

It looks like we sent out 90 checks last year for 2007. Since this group of 90 are very representative of drivers contributing to the Money Fund (by that I mean we are registering for many of the events and accumulating points to qualify for the money), they are probally very representative of the "mind set", to continue the fund or not. Did anyone reach out to he group of 90 (the biggest NARRC supporters) for their input?

I beleive that at least 2 drivers from ITA (1/3 of the money fund drivers) were not represented at the first meeting. I got to the meeting late - don't recall the ground swell for "no more money fund " being mentioned, and other than the NARRC Banquet, do not recall a summary of "action points" being shared with the larger group - I certainly didn't hear "no money" at the Banquet - Did I miss that too?. This was the only summary I was aware of.

Not to step on K_Anderson but the NARRC Championship Trophy's that I have are awesome already - Just a pain to keep polishing .

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Guys,

I suggest you contact the NARRC Committe and your individual drivers rep if you feel like you were not 'heard'.

Each group had a volunteer who was supposed to reach out to the competitors and weigh back in to me so I could summarize the feedback. Those volunteers are listed in this thread.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Guys,

I suggest you contact the NARRC Committe and your individual drivers rep if you feel like you were not 'heard'.
    Rob,

I am not happy with the Narrc Money payout fund being dissolved.

Thanks for your concern.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Andy, I am sorry if not agreeing with what you and your committee have done hurts you feelings. I am sure you operated in good faith but from where I sit I see no evidence that this plan was put out for input. I watched the tape, I read the threads, and personally had no problem with any of the items discussed in those forums, including abolishing the points fund assuming the assessment went away with the fund. I think for you to say that we had a chance to go to the meeting to argue against this is disingenuous when I can find no one who knew this was a proposal.
    One of the wonders of the NARRC series is that it has always run with the smallest possible overhead and administration. I know firsthand how out of large and out of control administrations can get despite good people with good intentions. NARRC has always been a refreshing exception. What do you expect me to expect when the funding is increase by a factor of 6 and no budget or guidance offered. Why should I not believe that we will end up with $14,000 worth of NARRC tee shirts?
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by Tkczecheredflag View Post

Not to step on K_Anderson but the NARRC Championship Trophy's that I have are awesome already - Just a pain to keep polishing .

Always wondered what Tim did in his spare time. :cool:
    Carol Miller
    CPM Motorsports
    ITA - Civic Si #11
    ITC - CRX #11
    ITA - Integra #11

Dick,

Then let me change my phrasing for you. I delivered a REPORT at the NARRC Town Hall in CT based on data collected by drivers reps. The NARRC Committee did with that info what they thought the drivers wanted.

Joe,

If you don't think this is a decent medium to RECEIVE info, then don't use it to GIVE your feedback. Send in your feedback and reasoning to the NARRC committee at the address provided in the thread.
    Andy Bettencourt

Let me ask Dick this:

When you were on the NARRC committee, what did you do to 'publish' your ideas prior to the following years implementation?

I don't recall any in recent memory, and certainly not last year, hence the new driver involvment.
    Andy Bettencourt

No Andy we did not publish an agenda however over the ten years or so that I sat in those meetings in a couple of capacities we had proposals that affect a number of racers and often we did not take action when requests were submitted until we were sure that the affected drivers knew about it.
    You said feedback on this issue was collected and reference 2 threads and the meeting video which do not mention the subject, then you say it was the responsibility of the your committee members, the individual group reps to get the feedback.
    I am still waiting for someone to say: “I knew what was being presented and supported it” or even “although I was not in favor I knew what was being presented before the meeting”.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post

Joe,

If you don't think this is a decent medium to RECEIVE info, then don't use it to GIVE your feedback. Send in your feedback and reasoning to the NARRC committee at the address provided in the thread.
    This is a great medium to reach people. I really wish I would have been reached before reading this info on the NARRC web page. All it would have taken would to send a simple email to all NARRC particpants in favor not in favor and if it came back the way it is then we would just live with it because appearently the masses agreed with the outcome.

And why Andy do you always take stuff like this as a personal attack? No one is attacking you. We are actually greatful that you and others voluteer to deal with the BS that goes on behind the scenes.

Chill dude before you make yourself sick.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]

How can someone know what is being presented until it's presented to someone?

The job of the driver advocates was to collect the data and present it to the committee and members at large. It wasn't a 'proposal'. The committee heard the info, heard the debate on said info and made a decision.

Like I said, send your thoughts to the NARRC committee with your ideas on how to make the process better. I am sure there will be some voluteers who will happily implement the new plan next year. I know I will.
    Andy Bettencourt

WOW!! I guess I need to fire up the old laptop more often. First, let me say I as a driver's rep had no idea that the money fund was dissolved. Second, I am not in favor of such a thing and argued emphatically to preserve the prestige of the NARRC series (money bringing some prestige to the series), thirdly, there was more than just IT drivers reps weighing in... the 1 of 1 guys had some strong opinions. Fourthly, the agenda of the commitee was not known...it seemed that we were reporting in a fact finding manner to the comittee. Fifthly, I was present at the awards banquet thinking that I might have actually won something...(how niave am I?), meaning I am all in favor of trophies and money. Sixthly, I doubt I'll ever volunteer for something in the SCCA again.....

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Rob, thank you for serving on this committee. There is no question in my mind that Narrc got off track a little in the last couple of years. I don’t think there was any bad intent by the Narrc committee but with the environment getting harder and harder to put on races I think the Narrc committee tried to structure the rule to protect their region’s franchises. Almost all of the reforms recommended by the committee and enacted by the Narrc committee seem very positive to me. It is sad that you did not enjoy the experience, it seems that a lot of good work was accomplished, be proud of that.
    Andy, it would seem from Rob’s statements that the ITA rep did not even know about the plan to abolish the points fund and use the money for administrative purposes.
    A couple of simple questions.
    Was the idea to abolish the payouts and use the money for other purposes proposed to the Narrc committee in your presentation as Serge told me or is he mistaken?
    If so whose idea was it to propose this change to the Narrc committee to do so?
    What group of drivers feedback was this proposal based on?
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    WOW!! I guess I need to fire up the old laptop more often. First, let me say I as a driver's rep had no idea that the money fund was dissolved. Second, I am not in favor of such a thing and argued emphatically to preserve the prestige of the NARRC series (money bringing some prestige to the series), thirdly, there was more than just IT drivers reps weighing in... the 1 of 1 guys had some strong opinions. Fourthly, the agenda of the commitee was not known...it seemed that we were reporting in a fact finding manner to the comittee. Fifthly, I was present at the awards banquet thinking that I might have actually won something...(how niave am I?), meaning I am all in favor of trophies and money. Sixthly, I doubt I'll ever volunteer for something in the SCCA again.....

R
    Rob you may not have been persuasive enough in your arguments. I think if you would have showed up with a certain Jack Handle they would have taken you more seriously.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]