Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's up with hood pins?

For those that have the stock latch and the pull cable out the front of the hood (I hear Miata's use this for trunks a lot) what did you use to attach to the pull cable and how did you do it?
    If you've got it in your hand (before you re-install it) look where the OE cable attaches. Run a pc of safety wire or light piano wire through that loop and back out. Usually you can do this w/o interrupting the OE cable. Most latches for hoods, trunks, doors don't need much pull tension to release them. Much of what you get for feel is in that long cable inside a sheath (lots of surface area to provide friction).

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    might be time for a new thread but....

has anyone used these hood pins?

http://www.aerocatch.com/index.html

Thank you Tom!

I saw these on the Tri-Point Mazdas and was going to begin a search to find them. I think they are great!

You just saved me a seach, and I appreciate it. I believe these are the way to go for me.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    Gotta love rear opening hoods, they almost make it a non-issue.
    Unless you are clever and replace the front hinge pins with quick releases. We did that on our RX7 and had it work for years. A friend came along and said, wow that's a good idea. Promptly did it to his, but forgot to put the retaining clips on. The only person I know of to lose a rear opening hood