Thread: Al Fairer Double SARRC at VIR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey hoop, ITC cars are no problem at all. They are tall enough to see! It isn't the speed differential that is the problem. In fact the fast SRFs are spread all through the ITS/ITA run group, or we're spread all through theirs depending on how you look at it. The visuals are the main issue, you've really got to spend a lot of time looking for them and even then you are going to miss some that close in the corners and simply our out of view of they mirrors.

The SRFs are hard to hear in relation to an uncorked S car too - they don't rev so high and I think most S cars are a fair bit louder, although the sound sheet would show it.

How was the National, good stuff?

R

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Hey hoop, ITC cars are no problem at all. They are tall enough to see! It isn't the speed differential that is the problem.
    We wish we were faster I cant tell you how often we get slowed up by a SM that has more torque down the straight, but no grip in the corners.

The SRFs are hard to hear in relation to an uncorked S car too - they don't rev so high and I think most S cars are a fair bit louder, although the sound sheet would show it.
    I didn't think about that... extra Cylinders = extra noise!

How was the National, good stuff?

R
    Nationals was great! I worked pit out, so I got to see everything come by. Some really nice cars! Saturday the Big Bore Wings n Things had to run in the rain... that was exciting! Apparently one of them barrel rolled at 8.

In Saturday's SRF race, Lee Hill started 6th on dry tires, quickly fell back to 25th, and worked his way back to win the race.

Wayne Quick got 2nd on Sunday, and there was a big wreck in the big bore class at Nascar, with 50% track blockage!

Surprisingly, other than 1 Miata probably being totaled (he still finished the race), the SM group was quiet most of the weekend.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Guys, I drove the National last weekend in Spec Miata, where we were combined with the T3 and SSB/ SSC guys (about two-thirds SM). A couple of the SS guys asked during the drivers meeting on Friday if we could have a split start. The head steward (Clyde, I think) asked for a show of hands, most of us voted yes, and bam, it was done!

I was surprised, we had asked for this a couple times last year and got turned down. So, maybe it won't be so hard?

Also, the qualifying sessions were gridded first come, first served all weekend.

Steve