Thread: Where to buy 15x6 4x100 wheels?

Default Where to buy 15x6 4x100 wheels?

It is my understanding that I can only run 15"x6" wheels in my 95 Golf (ITB class). Is so, where did you get yours? All aftermarket wheels are at least 6.5" wide.

You can also run 14x6.

Corrado G60 ran 15x6 4x100.

Others as well. Actually there is a big thread around here somewhere that had discussion about 15x6 wheels that are (or are not) available.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Check vwvortex, they have a classified section. sometimes you can find some of the corrado wheels that are 15x6, they can be a bargain compared to the $300 PER WHEEL SSR'S. Ill take some weight so I can run that extra half inch..........

Wouldn't the 14x6's be more beneficial as far as the weight and price of tires?
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

A friend of mine has a set of 15x6 et33 BBS RA's for sale, w/ tires (street). The wheels are pretty much mint. He's looking for $500 for the whole set. I believe that these are off an A2 Jetta GLI 16v.

If your looking for 15 x 6 wheels, 4 x 100, check out MINI forums. There is a OEM wheel that is called "holies" that are that size and weigh about 12lbs, I think. Maybe lighter....

In fact here is the thread: http://nemini.org/index.php?topic=10417.0

I believe the holies are still available...I know the guy --"Pinhead" - and he is selling them because he sold the MINI to get a family car.

I thought those Mini wheels were 5.5 wide.

Some Audis in Europe use a similar 15x6 wheel with holes that are about that weight as well, but there are very few available over here.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Yes, your right.I saw that guy at an autox today and he told me that they were in fact 15 x 5.5.....sorry.

Default Tire Rack has them

I purchased some SSR's from Tire rack last year.
    You have to call and talk to them because they do not come up on the web site.
    They are expensive.
    Beran
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

I bought 14 x 6 4-100 Kosei K1-TS from Tire Rack in November for 104.00 each including centering rings and lug nuts. They weigh 9.1# each less center cap, valve stem and lug nuts.

If you go the 14 x 6 route tires are cheaper and lighter as are the wheels and you will have a lower center of gravity with the same suspension geometry. You will also have shorter gears given the same trans and diff as someone who runs the 15 x 6. ALL BIG plusses in my book.

Two BIG possible concerns---will the 14 x 6 wheel clear your calipers? How long will decent 14" DOT rubber be available (I run V710's)?

Default Good points

Daryl has some good points.
    I use both 14 and 15" You can get a low profile (shorter sidewall) 15" tire from hoosier that makes the overall rim/tire height the same as the 14" rim/tire combo... Althoug the fit on the 15" with low profile tire is not easy.
    You can use different combinations of 14 & 15 inch rims and tires to make changes in your gearing depending upon tracks you go to and what you feel works better.
    14" rim fits with spacers over the brakes etc. on MK3 no problem
    Beran
    Last edited by Beran; 04-15-2008 at 08:48 AM.
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

Though I would try to re-energize this thread and I would like to hear additional comments/opinions regarding wheel sizes. Especially from anyone running MkII Golf's. I'm not so interested in where to buy, but what are the advantages/disadvantages for both the 14" or 15".
    Last edited by Davis; 05-13-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Adding info
    #63 ITB VW GTI
    #63 T3 Mazda RX8
    AZ & CalClub Regions SCCA