Thread: Rumours, innuendo and results from NHIS.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
    I have tried to cut a cool screen shot from the T3 360... but cannot see to do it. Is there a program that I should try and use to "pull" a screen shot from a video clip. The video clip should be good!

We don't want no stinkin' screen shots, we want the video!!!!

Actually, I need to see it to figure out how the hell Dick did it!! We were wrapped up in watching Joe's battle, that by time i looked, Dick was stopped dead, pointing in the right direction. But this was about 3/4 into the braking zone, in a straight line and not after the apex like the usual spins in 6.

Of course, that same race we saw a well known red car come up over the dunes in the area between 9 and 3. Very, VERY interesting.....and entertaining!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Default Crazy Joe

Hmmmm?? Might have to steal Joe D from Kakashi for my stable......

Way to go buddy !!!
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by philstireservice View Post
    Hmmmm?? Might have to steal Joe D from Kakashi for my stable...
    Hmmm, how much am I going to have to pay? Call me, we can negotiate...

Oh, and another interesting tidbit from NHMS*: The South Chicane is "out", as far as SCCA club racing goes. The NER road race committee (I believe it is) has decided that the configuration is too dangerous, primarily (as I understand it) due to the limited sight lines having been a significant factor in recent track incidents. I'm sure official announcements will be forthcoming, but for the foreseeable future, no more South Chicane.

*The track is ADAMANT about the new name, New Hampshire Motor Speedway. If you accidentally write a check to "NHIS" expect it to be handed back to you, with a stern request for "NHMS" to be the payee...
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 04-14-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Oh, and another interesting tidbit from NHMS*: The South Chicane is "out", as far as SCCA club racing goes. The NER road race committee (I believe it is) has decided that the configuration is too dangerous, primarily (as I understand it) due to the limited site lines having been a significant factor in recent track incidents. I'm sure official announcements will be forthcoming, but for the foreseeable future, no more South Chicane.

*The track is ADAMANT about the new name, New Hampshire Motor Speedway. If you accidentally write a check to "NHIS" expect it to be handed back to you, with a stern request for "NHMS" to be the payee...
    After further talks with Surge this weekend, I believe he has found a safe place to have a station that would allow a nice view of a yellow should there be something amiss in 2A.

I hope they go back and revisit their decision.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Can I assume that Fred White was OCIC in ITC? My car is still in need of some major attention and with 70 hrs/week at my real job, this old guy just doesn't have a lot of extra steam.

Steph was supposed to run, but then the baby was due to arrive on Sunday, so that was out. She wanted me to take her car and run, but I really felt that my place was by her side.

Planning on Pocono
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Fred was there representing you guys! He ran all weekend at the school and I may have even seen him at the test day. He must be tired!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

a little background on Gorrian from the SM world in case you guys are not aware.....

before the 2006 runoffs, but right near the end of the season (i think the 2nd to last race, with the last race to follow 5 days after), Steve Gorrian felt the need to throw paper at two competitors placed ahead of him in national points. Steve was something like 11th with the two guys he protested in 10th and 9th. The official motivation behind the protest was alleged to be because he was sick of everyone in front of him cheating with pro motors. The speculated motivation was to keep these two guys out of next weekends race by forcing the motors to be shipped back to Topeka. That's right, he didn't just protest the cams, compression, or throttle body, he protested the whole damn thing.

Overall the SM community was outraged, and Gorrian torched all across the webs. loaner cars were drummed up to ensure the two guys protested made it to the race and kept Steve out. I believe both motors were found perfectly legal, but i don't remember for sure.

The best part comes in 2007. I remember with 100% certainty that Gorrian was busted for some sort of illegal motor part. If I had to take a guess, he was busted once during the seasons for illegal cams, and i'm pretty sure i recall him getting busted during the runoffs also, for an illegal restrictor plate.

priceless.

so yeah, keep one eye on him throughout the year.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region