Thread: Memphis May Double It Tour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have e-mailed DLB about the absence of the event info. It was there at one time.

Also, there was supposed to be an entry form for the test day but that was omitted. Here is a link to it:
    http://www.midsouthscca.com/index.ph...=getit&lid=114

Please have it filled out w/ you Fri. a.m. It would be helpful if we knew in advance who is doing it. I am.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

I cannot find a schedule of events on the MidSouth Web Site. What are the run groups and the schedule for same?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Go to the "Downloads" section Festus. Every form is there.
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
    -ernest hemingway-

Default results from IT Tour race 1 posted

Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

BIG THANK YOU to the whole Memphis Gang. It was a blast or should I say a BANG. (If I came away having had fun everybody should have.) As usual there were big laughs and lots of fun had by all. Once again I showed myself that although this is a serious business to some, it is just a hobby to me. Turning some fast laps was the worst thing I could have done. A person has to know his limitations, I and went a ....leetle to far past mine. I think Grants Tomb has an IPRESS Wall now. But other then that it was fun runing in the wet / dry on Saturday. I have never seen anywhere that is crazier then the MMP front straight in the wet. That drag strip part to the flag stand is like Lake Michigan iced over! I knew things were tough when the announcer said we could use pit lane "at a slow speed". After a few laps I was looking for puddles to cool down the Hoosier wets. It went well and no one got banged up which was a minor miracle. Sunday Q session I turned a fast lap out of the box and went all Kyle Busch on myself. (How else can you explain taking your ownself out?)
    Well live and learn... again! See you MidDiv guys later in the summer. I am headed up "Nath" in a few weeks for the 12 HR at SP.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

I second Mac's comments. Wonderful event, as always. The hospitality is great and the workers are the best! Thanks to all.

The Saturday race was interesting, to say the least. You know its slippery when people spin on the pace lap. I ran Hoosier dirt stockers (only wet tires I had), but that was probably the wrong choice given how quickly the track was drying. They were used up by the end of the race. Sunday was a lot of fun, even though there were no other ITC cars running (Curt, what happened to you Sunday?). I had a pucker moment when the black BMW got sideways right in front of me coming out of the 90's, but no contact.

All in all, a great weekend. I wish the ITC fields were a little larger, but I may have to face the inevitable and move up a class or two.

Craig,
    Come on to "A", Hondas are always strong when I have run with them. We have a good group and seem to be gaining on SM crossovers. That start on Saturday and the first couple of laps was crazy.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"