Thread: Start Yer Bitchin'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have a suggestion. Maybe you already have this and I missed it, but is it possible to create a link to a page where we can see the topics we have recently posted in?

Is there a way to tag my "visited" time to my actual log-in time?

I use the "New Posts" feature almost exlclusively, and sometimes when I answer a post and refresh the screen, my "last visited" time gets updated and I lose track some of the posts I may not have viewed yet. That forces me to go to the main menu and surf topic-by-topic looking for threads by time that I may like to view/respond to.

If the "visited" time stayed attached to the actual log-in time, I could refresh the screen indefinitely as long as I don't log-off or close the window. That seems to be the norm on other vB forums I visit.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

Well, it happened again.......twice.

I logged on at 12:12pm today, looked around, viewed several threads without posting. When I clicked on a recent thread the the top of the "newest posts" list, I was taken to the thread but my login was gone. At 12:38 I had to login again to respond in that thread.

Just now, at 1:00pm, without logging out, I clicked on the ITForums main menu to go to this thread and post my problem. When I was on the menu I was logged in, and when I clicked on this thread to add my post, suddenly and without warning I was no longer logged in.

The only thing that I can think of that correlates to both experiences it time. There was over 30 mins logged in the first time, but only 22 min passed the second time. Since I routinely keep the forum up at work and refresh it periodically, it there a way to extend the time before my user ID times out to avoid constant "re-logins"?
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

User IDs do not "time out".
    I come back days or weeks later and I am logged in already because I selected "stay logged in" when I first logged in.

If you are using IE or Safari, try with FireFox. And vice versa. These types of problems are common when either your web site cookie or a temp internet file is corrupt.
    - Webmaster