Thread: Start Yer Bitchin'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It was previously posted:
    • Go to User CP
    • Edit Options
    • Under miscellaneous, set "Forum Skin" to "Default Style"
    That's all and good but most people probably, actually they haven't, done this.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

For me, only in the General Discussion forum, it defaults to showing only the posts made in the last day. The rest of the forums show the last 45 days, iirc. I haven't found a way that I could set it (and stay set) to view more than the last day in GD.

On edit - I'm a fan of the Chromium skin. Of course, I have "young" eyes, so that may help...
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Quote Originally Posted by planet6racing View Post
    For me, only in the General Discussion forum, it defaults to showing only the posts made in the last day.
    Fixed. It's now a month. Must have not taken the right settings during the import.
    - Webmaster

I'm pretty new, but the first things I've noticed are the small font size (holding Ctrl and moving the scroll wheel helps a little) and the color contrasts. The light blue tint behind the text makes it difficult to see the text even when I enlarge it. The site isn't too easy on the eyes, and I'm not an old fart by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by THawkbh View Post
    The light blue tint behind the text makes it difficult to see the text even when I enlarge it. The site isn't too easy on the eyes.
    The bg color behind the text should not be blue. Thats probably your monitor. But it is shaded slightly gray. I'll see if I can remove it.

Around noon I enlarged the text 1 pt and made it black instead of dark gray.

Seems that nobody noticed?

I think a different font would be easier to read also.
    - Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    The bg color behind the text should not be blue. Thats probably your monitor. But it is shaded slightly gray. I'll see if I can remove it.

Around noon I enlarged the text 1 pt and made it black instead of dark gray.

Seems that nobody noticed?

I think a different font would be easier to read also.
    It was the skin I was using. I changed it to default as someone else noted and now it is white behind the text. It's much easier to read. I now notice you changed the text. Also, much easier to read.
    Thank you.
    Drew

Webmaster, I would propose the following changes:

1. When I log onto the site, I think you should make 3 naked chics, 8s at a minimum, appear in my office.

2. When I start a new thread, I should be rewarded with a 25 year old bottle of scotch. You can overnight it to my house.

3. When I delete spam, $100 per deletion should be credited to my pay pal account.

4. When I smite an unworthy arguer on some obscure GCR provision, I should be awarded a t-shirt stating "I kicked ass on It.Com."

The above are obviously reasonable requests and I think you should implement them immediately.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Fixed. It's now a month. Must have not taken the right settings during the import.
    Well thank you. But, now there is one other small problem. It is arranging these (30) days of topics in reverse alphabetical order, instead of by most recent post date like all the other forums...

I'm not trying to be picky! Really! (I won't even complain that you upped the font size in the Chromium skin because of all the old people on this board... )

Thank you for all the work!!
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Interesting. I didnt change that. It's fixed now. What will break next ?
    - Webmaster

Everything seems perfect now. Thank you!!

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

I have a suggestion. Maybe you already have this and I missed it, but is it possible to create a link to a page where we can see the topics we have recently posted in?