Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start Yer Bitchin'

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Fixed. It's now a month. Must have not taken the right settings during the import.
    Well thank you. But, now there is one other small problem. It is arranging these (30) days of topics in reverse alphabetical order, instead of by most recent post date like all the other forums...

I'm not trying to be picky! Really! (I won't even complain that you upped the font size in the Chromium skin because of all the old people on this board... )

Thank you for all the work!!
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Interesting. I didnt change that. It's fixed now. What will break next ?
    - Webmaster

Everything seems perfect now. Thank you!!
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

I have a suggestion. Maybe you already have this and I missed it, but is it possible to create a link to a page where we can see the topics we have recently posted in?

Is there a way to tag my "visited" time to my actual log-in time?

I use the "New Posts" feature almost exlclusively, and sometimes when I answer a post and refresh the screen, my "last visited" time gets updated and I lose track some of the posts I may not have viewed yet. That forces me to go to the main menu and surf topic-by-topic looking for threads by time that I may like to view/respond to.

If the "visited" time stayed attached to the actual log-in time, I could refresh the screen indefinitely as long as I don't log-off or close the window. That seems to be the norm on other vB forums I visit.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

Well, it happened again.......twice.

I logged on at 12:12pm today, looked around, viewed several threads without posting. When I clicked on a recent thread the the top of the "newest posts" list, I was taken to the thread but my login was gone. At 12:38 I had to login again to respond in that thread.

Just now, at 1:00pm, without logging out, I clicked on the ITForums main menu to go to this thread and post my problem. When I was on the menu I was logged in, and when I clicked on this thread to add my post, suddenly and without warning I was no longer logged in.

The only thing that I can think of that correlates to both experiences it time. There was over 30 mins logged in the first time, but only 22 min passed the second time. Since I routinely keep the forum up at work and refresh it periodically, it there a way to extend the time before my user ID times out to avoid constant "re-logins"?
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

User IDs do not "time out".
    I come back days or weeks later and I am logged in already because I selected "stay logged in" when I first logged in.

If you are using IE or Safari, try with FireFox. And vice versa. These types of problems are common when either your web site cookie or a temp internet file is corrupt.
    - Webmaster