Thread: ITR Z3 rebuild thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here's a new update.... I finished spraying the door, finders, top and hood. Here's how it looks from about 10 feet:

I've still got to weld the apron cover on the windshield frame and fill and paint the low spots. The motors out at the local machine shop for a valve job and a hone. I'm going to ring and bearing it. Looks like the rods, mains, and bore were all stock and will stay that way for now.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Niiice!

Just make sure the rest of the car matches the outstanding front and does not fall down.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

Quote Originally Posted by rthiele View Post
    Niiice!

Just make sure the rest of the car matches the outstanding front and does not fall down.
    Thanks Rob,

I'm in the middle of removing the old decals and preparing for some new. It should look sharp.

I just got the welded pan back, and it was really badly damaged. But my welder fixed it and it's back:

STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

nice i really like the bumper looks real mean can wait to see when everything matchs

Thanks,

I've still got to get replacement stickers for BMW Club Racing, then I can remove the stickers on the passengers side. I still have to paint the repaired windshield frame and get a new front windshield, and touch a couple of spots. The motor's in the shop, when I get a stock flywheel it'll get a rebalance, and I'll have a stock intake manifold to install too.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Sweet! But where is your Jaffster knob?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve @ TeamDI.com View Post
    Sweet! But where is your Jaffster knob?
    Teh Jaffster has spoken, I must obey

I was sharing knobs with my street Z3, but settled on a knob from Bav-Auto. It glows red in anger

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter