Thread: Looking for some Z parts....bumpers

Question Looking for some Z parts....bumpers

I'm trying to make my 260Z as legal as possible. It has always been "mechanically" legal but I've got missing pieces I'm trying to round up. I'm looking for:

*The air scoop thing that connects a front firewall to the side wall of the car on the right side. This piece supplies air to the cabin, but when it isn't in place more air gets into the engine bay. For now I'll tape the hole up.

*Bumper blocks, this big rubber/plastic things on the bumpers. I don't have them and the ones I did have fell apart when putting my new front bumper on after my CMP shunt. Plastic things with a metal backing plate. Mine have been missing on the back since I bought the car.

If anyone has these bits I'd be happy to buy them off of you.

Ron

Ron, I noticed this thread didn't get much action. I've heard everyone talking about this air scoop thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    *The air scoop thing that connects a front firewall to the side wall of the car on the right side. This piece supplies air to the cabin
    I can't for the life of me figure out what this thing is. Does a 280z have it? My car was pretty much bone stock when I got it from my Mom but never seen the item in question. Can someone please post a picture of this device?
    As far as bumper pieces and such, have you checked with any of the z specialty junk yards like Roger at the Zbarn? zbarn.com (800-247-2793) I think there is a guy in Oregon called Danny's Datsuns http://www.webspawner.com/users/dannysdatsuns/ (541-430-1180) although I think he's going out of business and there is another in Texas somewhere but I can't recall the name

Quote Originally Posted by mom'sZ View Post
    Ron, I noticed this thread didn't get much action. I've heard everyone talking about this air scoop thing.

I can't for the life of me figure out what this thing is. Does a 280z have it? My car was pretty much bone stock when I got it from my Mom but never seen the item in question.
    I can post a better picture of it this weekend (I am traveling right now). You can just see them in the lower corners of this photo. It is a black plastic tube about 3 inches in diameter and maybe 10 inches long with a couple of brackets on one end for mounting. It runs between the 3 inch round holes on the front wall near the radiator mounts to an oblong hole in front of the wheel well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jrvisual; 04-09-2008 at 12:41 PM.
    Jeff Roussel
    Soon to be ITS Datsun 260z

Here is a pic of the vent on a 240z (at the top right of the photo). I can't answer your question about the 280z....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Nope... no way, the 280 doesn't have it. The 280 has the air cleaner mounted in front of the radiator and where that thing is on the driver's side is where the AFM (air flow meter) is mounted with a rubber boot running through that hole to the air cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by mom'sZ View Post
    Nope... no way, the 280 doesn't have it. The 280 has the air cleaner mounted in front of the radiator and where that thing is on the driver's side is where the AFM (air flow meter) is mounted with a rubber boot running through that hole to the air cleaner.
    I can check the 280 me and my dad are working on. I cant remember if they were there or not.

You still gonna make the Daytona School?

Tim: I sent an email to Tim about Daytona. I don't have an email for you. Mine is andy (at) smila (dot) net

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I'm trying to make my 260Z as legal as possible. It has always been "mechanically" legal but I've got missing pieces I'm trying to round up. I'm looking for:

*The air scoop thing that connects a front firewall to the side wall of the car on the right side. This piece supplies air to the cabin, but when it isn't in place more air gets into the engine bay. For now I'll tape the hole up.

*Bumper blocks, this big rubber/plastic things on the bumpers. I don't have them and the ones I did have fell apart when putting my new front bumper on after my CMP shunt. Plastic things with a metal backing plate. Mine have been missing on the back since I bought the car.

If anyone has these bits I'd be happy to buy them off of you.

Ron
    Z Car Source of Arizona has new replacement parts, but they are temporarily shut down while they move to a new facility. Following is a link to their website:

http://www.zcarsource.com/content/p/9/catid/6942

I've got to get them for my car as well.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

Thanks David. I thought I knew all the sources for Z parts, but Z Car Source is a new one to me. A set of those vents went on ebay for over $40 last month. I have one, but still need another.

chris

Andy,

The 280 we have does NOT have the vents like the 240 (At least on the drivers side.)

Ron,

I think I still have the rubber bumper blocks from my early 260Z stashed somewhere. If you're still looking for them, let me know and I'll dig thru all my crap, I mean good stuff.

Robert
    ITS 240-Z #50
    Rio Grande Region