I guess the Hankook isn't competitive.
I think the Hankook is "competitive", but I still chose the Hoosier.

I tested back to back to back Hoosiers and Hankooks on my ITA Integra. I was a little bit slower on the Hankooks, and all the time was lost under braking. I felt the Hoosiers I used had more longitudonal grip, and I felt I could brake deeper and harder w/o lockup.

I ended up with the same identical lateral G's on both tire according to the DL-1.

If I had more time on the Kook's I feel I could get the car as fast, because I'm not 100% sure that the braking issue wasn't "in my head" and "driver error".

Having said all that, I contacted Appalachian Tire, Phils Tire Service, and Hankook to ask about the availability of the 225/45/15 C51 for both purchase, and contingency. Basically, you can't get them. I could use the takeoffs I have right now, win on them, get GREAT contingency "hankook $$", but I can't get a new set, whether I pay for them, or I win them. They are getting a few tires later in May, but after that small shipment is gone (and good luck getting contingency tires from that shipment), the next one doesn't come in till way later in the year.

Hoosier it is for me.

-Tom