Thread: Trouble sourcing a few parts for an 020 rebuild

Default Trouble sourcing a few parts for an 020 rebuild

I am having some trouble finding a few parts to rebuild my 020, supplier doesn't even list some of them. The ones I am looking for are:
    5a
    12a
    32a

if anybody has a source that can get these I would appreciate it, or for the bearings you have a FAG or SKF number that would help.

Thanks

dealership? maybe talk to some of the solid VW parts suppliers like 247parts, germanautoparts.com heck maybe even mike potterman at parts4vws.com
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

most of those guys just sell the basic parts syncros, main bearings, etc...

found this place incase any one else needs 1stvwparts.com they have every little circlip and everything you need to do a 100% rebuild :026:

The dealership can provide all those parts, that's where I get them . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
    most of those guys just sell the basic parts syncros, main bearings, etc...

found this place incase any one else needs 1stvwparts.com they have every little circlip and everything you need to do a 100% rebuild :026:
    I'm in process of doing an extensive rebuild on my AGB trans for '87 GTI 16V and ordered all my parts from 1stVWparts.com. Give Alison a call at x255, with that ETKA screenshot and position number, she'll easily be able to get you those parts at a substantial discount over local dealership prices. And if you have the illustration number at the top of the screenshot it will be even easier to look up the part numbers for you.

I just took all the VW part numbers and typed them directly into 1stvwparts.com and they had everything I needed. Great Site and prices

Thats usually what I do Sandro, I supply GAC, bildon or the local dealer if neigther cannot get it with the part number and so far I have had no issues with getting even the circlips. You just have call them for parts like this.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires