Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 ITS Cars at CMP this weekend

Default 15 ITS Cars at CMP this weekend

Wowee! Shoudl be fun. Paul, this will be a hell of a baptism of fire for you my friend!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Paul, I look forward to meeting you at CMP, you'll have a great time. If I can help with your Z in any way let me know.

Steve and Byran, you guys bringing the 57 up? I missed seeing it at VIR but I guessed that scheduling and so forth got the best of the race efforts - which happens! Looking forward to seeing you guys down at CMP as well as the rest of the S crew.

R

Hey, 13 in IT7! That's a whole VW beetle load of college students where I come from! With 33 in the run group I should be able to find someone to follow around. Be easy on me.

Anyhow I drug the car down from Ohio in the hopes I can get my work done by Friday, at least enough to come play.

I hope to meet some of yins this weekend.

85 no 88 red w/green IT7
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what we're doing!

All I can say is that you guys better look out. I will be in your rear view mirrors

As you lap me!

Sounds like it is going to be fun this weekend. My only goal is to finish w/o causing any drama and have fun.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pballance View Post
    All I can say is that you guys better look out. I will be in your rear view mirrors

As you lap me!

Sounds like it is going to be fun this weekend. My only goal is to finish w/o causing any drama and have fun.

That is a great quote on the sig - you got the right attitude, dude!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Paul, you'll be fine. CMP is a good track to learn on. Lots of run off, only two trouble spots, much safer (although slower) than Roebling.

By Sunday you will be quite racy I suspect. Zs do pretty well at CMP, watch for Steve P. up front battling KVS's Miata. Just watch those brakes....you may go through a set of pads on Saturday alone...bring spares!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Paul, you'll be fine. CMP is a good track to learn on. Lots of run off, only two trouble spots, much safer (although slower) than Roebling.

By Sunday you will be quite racy I suspect. Zs do pretty well at CMP, watch for Steve P. up front battling KVS's Miata. Just watch those brakes....you may go through a set of pads on Saturday alone...bring spares!
    Spares I got, You have to go fast to use brakes, not sure I fit that category! I have been on track with KVS last fall. He needs to watch his mirrors as well and he has already passed me!

Ron, I look forward to it as well and appreciate the offer. I made need it before the weekend is out. BTW, did you get your breather built? Mine is installed!

BTW what is the electric power situation like in the paddock?
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

Power used to be bad. Only maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the paddock had access ot it, and a breaker would trip frequently and if it happened at night it would not get reset.

It seemed better in Feb. with the improvements, but we were in the covered garage. We will be again. If you need power for something and don't have access, come see us.

When do you plan on getting there on Friday?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

When do you plan on getting there on Friday?
    Dunno, A DSR guy and I traveling up together leaving Huntsville early am. Have no idea about the drive time. 8 hours is a guess.

Another guy with us is coming up for the test day. Look for a trailer with "Farrout Racing" on it and a red AMAC DSR. If you are there when he arrives, steer him towards you guys. I plan on paddocking with him and the other DSR so we can all crew for one another.
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

Just curious. I was looking at the supps tonight and noticed that the formula cars in group 1 and 2 are getting charged $295 for 2 races and everyone else has to pay $345. What kind of crock is this?? Better be a good explanation or a missprint. Got the email they wanted an extra $50 but didn't notice it was only for a few groups.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Good luck Paul. I am sorry I can't make the race.

Yeah, saw that. Kinda lame, but not sure what to do about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Just curious. I was looking at the supps tonight and noticed that the formula cars in group 1 and 2 are getting charged $295 for 2 races and everyone else has to pay $345. What kind of crock is this?? Better be a good explanation or a missprint. Got the email they wanted an extra $50 but didn't notice it was only for a few groups.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by pballance View Post
    Ron, I look forward to it as well and appreciate the offer. I made need it before the weekend is out. BTW, did you get your breather built? Mine is installed!

BTW what is the electric power situation like in the paddock?
    Hey Paul,

You'll enjoy CMP, good race track.

I didn't get by breather installed but I was able to make my "shield" legal. Previously I had a shield that kept heat off the carbs and sort of isolated the carbs in the engine bay. However, the shield was sandwiched between the carb and the intake manifold, not not legal per letter of the law. Fixed all of that and wrapped my header with heat wrap. Next race I'll have enough time to use those air cleaner pieces and make up a legal setup for cooler air in the carbs. All in good time.

Hope the weather will be nice and looking forward to meeting you.

Ron

Anybody running the test day? My car and drivers will be there - I'll be at work.
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Saturday's results are on mylaps http://www.mylaps.com/results/newRes...94&highlight=6

Looks like Jeff Young had a good run. Parrish DNF'ed - I hope it was nothing serious!

We did OK with our R888's, would've been nice to see what we could've run with a set of Hoosiers

I'm home with a bad back, but got word from the track that it rained during today's (Sunday) qualifying.
    Last edited by Team SSR; 03-30-2008 at 04:41 PM.
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Thanks, it was a good run yesterday although I had nothing for Kip and Steve (until he broke). Steve broke a rocker arm but had it fixed this a.m.

Rain this a.m. and it didn't look like it was going to stop, so we packed up and headed back.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Thanks, it was a good run yesterday although I had nothing for Kip and Steve (until he broke). Steve broke a rocker arm but had it fixed this a.m.

Rain this a.m. and it didn't look like it was going to stop, so we packed up and headed back.
    That was a good call on the rain..... I wish we had bagged it as early as you guys but we tortured ourselves until about 11am before we packed up.

The race results only show about half of the laps run on Sunday. Was it just wet or was there other drama?

Well, the weekend had great potential but wasn't the result We'd hoped for. I had fun running with Kip and Ricky. Maybe next time....
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Yep, would have enjoyed the 2nd place more if you had been out there...but of course probably wouldn't have gotten it! Glad you got the car fixed.

The link is to qual, which explains the fewer lap count. Race was 14 laps, looks like it was in the wet too (Kip won again by a large margin over Harold and Russ).
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Steve, we had no rain and drying track. It started out wet, REAL wet but by 6 or so laps a dry line was present. Jeff, you had a great run Saturday. Congratulations again!

I puttered around with full tread depth toyos and the squirm was so bad I couldn't tell if there was grip or just tread squirm...even when they sounded off in 14

Botom line, I had a good time on track and meeting the ones of you that I had not already met. Saturday was GREAT and if I can ever learn CMP a little better I might even be close to you guys.

I got signed off Sunday so now to go to work on the car and the driver some more! Thanks for all of the help and support.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z