Thread: Why I want out of ITE...

Default Why I want out of ITE...

You may have heard my complaints about not being able to keep up in ITE. Well last Friday, while watching the Sebring GT race, I saw one of our ITE lap record holders. Here's their story:

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=860

That's right I've been spanked by the very car that sat on the pole for the start of Sebring.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I feel for you James, I ran ITE for one year before deciding to go to super production M (NA up to 4.0l and forced induction up to 2.8l). In ITE thre are just too many crazy cars for a lesser car to "fit" into the rules. IN SPM I have very few rules to follow and really the times/speeds are the same as ITE just with tube frame cars at the lead instead of the Vipers. But because I am classed in SPM where the V8'S+ are in SPO I am actually competative in the class. Ultimately you will spend more money, but it is really nice not to have to worry about rules....
    Peter Linssen
    SPM Volvo 740 Turbo
    ITB/FP/VP1 Opel Manta

Hey Pete,

I started in ITE for several reasons and same with D-Mod. Partly like you I didn't want to worry about various expensive non-IT approved bits on and off of the car and just get races under my belt. Actually, wrecking the car gives me an excuse to spend money and get the car more legit for IT. I knew it was going to be a money sink, I just didn't anticipate just how efficient it was going to be at doing it.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I'm in the same boat. My stock car makes a little over 400HP so I'm not remotely competetive for GT1 (even though I did get the car classed in GT1 - wanted GT2). SPO is a good class - just not enough competition.

I'm going to try GT1 this year and see how bad I get my ass kicked. I wish I could class it in ITE to run a few enduros - I got some pretty skeptical looks from many folks - stock cars and miatas wouldn't mix well I guess :-).

Ben
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

In any class you can spend just unlimited amounts of money. Even in a standard IT class that are supposedly limited. I have a serious backlog on the to do list but in reality the car is very close to being a frontrunner imn my region as it is. This year i am finally getting ariuynd to box flares and 10.5" rims. I will no longer be grip limited on accel and braking. I cannot wait to get on track with it. My ITB car is good for getting a lot of competition but the SPM car is too much fun with it's HP (currently 420 at the wheels). Once you get a taste of real speed you never go back...
    Peter Linssen
    SPM Volvo 740 Turbo
    ITB/FP/VP1 Opel Manta