New England Region 188967

Thanks Andy.

ITR V8s and RX8 still under review?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Thanks Andy.

ITR V8s and RX8 still under review?
    Yup, V8s in discussion, RX-8 up next, seen some discussion.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Gotcha. I told Josh S this, I finally (my apologies to Earl and Josh) have the revised ITR spreadsheet done. Will get that to you this weekend after I fill in the last couple of my blocks.

Sorry about the delay, work has been nuts.

thanks again for the hard work.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

no mention of RR damper allowance when originally equipped?.... not even tabled for review?
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Gotcha. I told Josh S this, I finally (my apologies to Earl and Josh) have the revised ITR spreadsheet done. Will get that to you this weekend after I fill in the last couple of my blocks.

Sorry about the delay, work has been nuts.

thanks again for the hard work.
    Jeff,
    Would you please email me a copy too?
    Thanks

Dan, I will do that. Remind me again over the weekend if I forget.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by 77ITA View Post
    no mention of RR damper allowance when originally equipped?.... not even tabled for review?
    I'm not sure why that didn't get a mention...it's getting "heavy airplay" over on the ITAC site. We meet again this coming Monday, I imagine there should be a response forthcoming.

If I read the rules correctly, cars so equipped from the factory MAY change their dampers to units that are non RR, with a max of 2 adjustments. Which means that the OEM units may stay.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

IT – Allow alternate fuel injectors (Ellis-Brown). IT requires stock injectors.

That's a make sense request to me. Nice smart a** reply stating the obvious. You can change fuel with an FPR and ECU but you can't change injectors? Umm, okay.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

VW Mk IV Golf to ITB @ 2350#. Would seem to make sense, as it's the same layout/drivetrain as the Mk III, which is spec'd @ 2350#. But, the Mk IV starts w/ ~260# more, based on curb weights listed on Edmunds (2771# for the Mk IV, 2511# for the Mk III, both 2dr GL models). Take off another 300# (180# for driver, 120# for cage), and you need to get that Mk IV down to ~2050#. That's over 700# off the curb weight (over 25% of the cars curb weight). Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mbuskuhl View Post
    Nice smart a** reply stating the obvious.

While we don't write the responses, we sure can do a lot better now that we don't print everything. I will see if we can get more involved and do better.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 03-20-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Andy Bettencourt

That would actually be great idea Andy. Many times I think people come away thinking their items haven't received any attention and just got no, because I said so respone when in reality you guys have spent time discussing it. It doesn't have to be anything lengthy but it would demonstrate that various items were considered.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

IT – Allow alternate fuel injectors (Ellis-Brown). IT requires stock injectors.

That's a make sense request to me. Nice smart a** reply stating the obvious. You can change fuel with an FPR and ECU but you can't change injectors? Umm, okay.
    Because if you allow alternate injectors you allow a total change in injection system on some cars. It is always more complicated than it seems on the surface.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Andy,

I would have to concur. The printed answers to items 1, 2 and 4 seem rather curt and dismissive.

Item 1. Is asking for a rule change and the cited reason for denying the request to change the rule is the rule itself.
    Item 2. Asking for a change in the rule not a clarification of the rule. The cited reason makes it sound like someone is asking for the placement of a comma to create a subordinate clause.
    Item 4. The cited reason may leave the impression that the weight was not even reviewed.

Just MO.

I am not sure what we can get through but I was thinking something like this: New in bold

1. IT – Allow alternate fuel injectors (Ellis-Brown). Thank you for your input. The committees do not see a need for this allowance at this time.

2. IT – Allow ballast in place of the spare tire (Greene). Thank you for your input. The committees feel the current ballast rules are adequet as written.

3. ITB – Allow alternate gear ratios for the Jetta (Ellis-Brown). Thank you for your input, however no new data has been presented to support the request.

4. ITS – Review the weight of the 1972 Porsche 911E (Allard). Thank you for your input. The car is weighted appropriately in ITS per the classification process.

I know that the 'thank you's' will become almost disingenuous to some but just a few more words could help. Anyone need more than this or am I missing the mark completely?
    Andy Bettencourt

I think you hit the mark dead nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    I think you hit the mark dead nuts.
    I agree. (My comment has to have at least ten characters.)
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

+1... though does anyone out there really think it is even consistent with class philosophy to allow alternate fuel injectors? Maybe I'm missing something, or there's more detail to the request than I'm aware? Sounds (on the face of it) to me like someone wants to run bigger fuel injectors?? Or is it that stock injectors are no longer available??
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

I personally don't need bigger injectors, but if you can already control flow with the ECU and an/or FPR, why is it a big deal to allow different injectors? Maybe it's more complicated than the average mechanic understands as Steve hinted to. Would opening up injectors give any car an advantage that couldn't already be achieved with the current rules? Geez, people are talking about RR shocks right now and standalones are legal, injectors are nothing compared to those.

+1 Andy has the right idea on appropriate responses.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

I personally don't need bigger injectors, but if you can already control flow with the ECU and an/or FPR, why is it a big deal to allow different injectors? Maybe it's more complicated than the average mechanic understands as Steve hinted to. Would opening up injectors give any car an advantage that couldn't already be achieved with the current rules? Geez, people are talking about RR shocks right now and standalones are legal, injectors are nothing compared to those.

+1 Andy has the right idea on appropriate responses.
    if you up the fuel pressure your weakest link is still the injector. You can only flow as much fuel as the injector will ultimately allow. Open that up and watch the carb guys scream. Hell, I'm a FI guy and I might have to scream about that one. In a few cases bigger injectors = more power.

I agree with everyone else on the responses to request and how they are posted.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures