Thread: 12 Hour At The Point -> Illuma-board Rule?

Default 12 Hour At The Point -> Illuma-board Rule?

Does anyone know what these illuma-board is and how much it will cost???

From the 08 Supps:

IDENTIFICATION:
    Illumi-Boards will be mandatory on both sides of the vehicle. Purchase information will be available prior to the event. Numbers must be applied to the car prior to on track sessions.

Thanks;

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

It should be noted that this was also a requirement at the VIR 13hr last year. Creating your own glow-in-the-dark number balls is not an option for the Summit 12hr.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

We're remounting ours into the inside of the rear windows, so we don't have to worry about busting one from a rub.

K

We cut one of these in half at the 25hr in december with a nasty sideswipe. Amazingly the half where the wires attach still glowed.
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

I sent an email to DC region that bitched about having to re-number the car for their event every year. Told them that what they have provided in the past has been a pain to apply, tends to damage the lettering the car already has, doesn't stick well to the paint, never enough time between registration and the first session to get it properly applied etc. The reply was that they were going to re-write the sups to be clear about what would or would not be allowed for numbers and the requirement for 'illumiboards' would be deleted. Of course I looked recently and have not seen any updates indicating what will be required or where to get it from.

Matt

What car are you thinking about doing the 12 hour in Ray? Or do you have other plans?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave-

Someone had e-mailed me about this, and I was wondering about it. I have personally been interested in these illumiboards for a while simply for the "wow" factor. I also happened to get an e-mail at the same time with the "new product" (glow in the dark vinyl) and I am wondering if it was something that we could get to be legalized... I was hoping it would have been a cost savings for all, but I am not sure it will be. Need to do some testing

Now as for the car... I am taking offers from those willing to hire me as a hidden secret... My heart is with ITB, but I see a lot of competition with those otters!!!

Raymond
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 03-24-2008 at 11:36 PM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

There have been a few cars that consistantly have been running illumabords in their rear side windows ontop of the required numbering for the SP 12 hour. I can tell you T&S, the corners and Pit out LOVE the boards. But the question of the cost always comes up when they asked to mandate it. If glow in the dark vynil will hold for the entire race that might work. The newer night reflective stuff was ok last year, but still at pit out I had a hard time seeing numbers if I had to call in a car dropping a wheel or spinning on the exit of 10.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires