Thread: Nikki carb jets sources?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nikki carb jets sources?

Running an 85 in IT7 here in St. Louis. Any recommendations for a source of carb jets and pieces?

7s Racing in California. Tom has them. It seems Yaw won't return carbs or answer the phone anymore.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Give Charlie Clark in KC a Google/call. KC race parts/shop outlet. Charlie is also an E Production 1st gen RX-7 racer.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Default Yaw Carbs

My car came with a Yaw carb and since he is no longer interested in servicing the demand I copied the mods he made for my spare. I might start offering it as a service if there is enough interest. Personally, I think I did a far better job than he did.

Anybody know much did Yaw charged back when he was doing it? Or better yet what would it be worth to have your carb modified?

On Edit: David and Jake, after Googling both of your suggestions I still came up with nothing. Do you have any better descriptions that will not result in 40,000 matches?
    Last edited by tom_sprecher; 03-21-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    Tom Sprecher

Tom, the 12A ITA carb Paul built for me cost $365.00 ???

Owned by Charlie Clark

Tel: (816) 257-7305
    Fax: (816) 257-7306
    www.kcraceware.com

Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

KC Raceware will get you to Charlie Clark.

I think 7's Only is who Jake is referring to

Sterling Carbs or PBandJracing.com is another source... and Bud, Carl @ PB&J is who built the carb... I can dig up his email if you need it. There's a link to his site on my sites links page
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Tom, I have been hoping someone would try to duplicate Mr. Yaw's efforts. Seems there is a real void in Nikki mod capability in this country and with a large contingent of carbed 7 racers out there it might make some sense to invest in this in some manner.

As far as pricing goes I seem to remember paying around 350 for his carb modifications. Along with that you needed to purchase the specified fuel pump and regulator. It certainly did not break the bank but the total including shipping seemed to be between 450 to 475. Another thing he did was to jet the carb for the customer's particular geographic area and provide extra jets with some basic tuning information.

Geez you guys type fast! Thanks Scott for the info. I will take a look. I will be working on the car tomorrow morning getting the trailing ignition fixed up and starting on the brakes too. The only reason I am worrying a bit on the carb is how badly the performance dropped off in last weeks race the last lap and a half. I suppose a dead ignition system did not help! The car is really running a bit rich so maybe getting the ignition right will cure all of my problems. I do have the stock carb we took off the car and that also got me to thinking about carb overhaul and modifications.

You guys might want to contact Roger Mandeville @ mandeville auto tech. in spartanburg,s.c. 864 582 0038 about your carbs and parts.

For those that don't know the name he was racing mazdas back in the champion spark challenge in an RX3 and won several many times for mazda in IMSA and then went on in RX7s. they are great people to work with and know niki carbs very well and will only do legal things.