View Poll Results: Times have changed, should the RR damper rule change too?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • No RR dampers allowed at all, even if fitted as orig. equip.

19 19.00%
  • RR dampers allowed, but only the ones fitted as orig. eq.uip

27 27.00%
  • Aftermarket RR dampers allowed, but only on cars w/RR dampers fitted as orig.equip.

22 22.00%
  • Any damper may be fitted, but may be claimed for $5000 per set.

1 1.00%
  • Any damper may be fitted.

25 25.00%
  • Anything goes, 4 way, active, or magic dampers.

6 6.00%

Thread: Remote res.dampers...your opinion...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

After reading this post, one question came to mind. Exactly how many cars come from the factory with RR shocks that would be eligible for IT racing. Maybe in this case class expansion is not the answer. If these cars that have RR shocks as OE equiptment were'nt classified, we wouldnt be discussing this issue.

Who's gonna be the first to want some hybrids classified?!

Go to any short track in the country, and every week they have racing. Maybe NASCAR is onto something. Lets keep it simple, and stop classifying some of these cars that cause nothing but discussion after discussion. :eek:

Marc Rider
    NER

Quote Originally Posted by vr6guy View Post
    After reading this post, one question came to mind. Exactly how many cars come from the factory with RR shocks that would be eligible for IT racing. Maybe in this case class expansion is not the answer. If these cars that have RR shocks as OE equiptment were'nt classified, we wouldnt be discussing this issue.

Who's gonna be the first to want some hybrids classified?!

Go to any short track in the country, and every week they have racing. Maybe NASCAR is onto something. Lets keep it simple, and stop classifying some of these cars that cause nothing but discussion after discussion. :eek:

Marc Rider
    NER
    yea, cuz the S200 is soooo unpopular...
    Marc, think bigger picture...discussion is OK. That's how problems are sorted out. The guys who do road racing aren't for the most part, interested in driving a bashed up Nova in circles with the doors chained shut. Eliminating cars isn't the answer...thinking proactively is.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Your idea of thinking proactively is, and probably always will be different than mine. The more things to argue about means less time for people to race. You are the same person that gave me a load of crap about allowing me to run a 15"x6.5" on my ITB gti.

Sigh, Marc....you can't race 24/7...there's more to racing than driving on the track, and formatting the competition is part of that...otherwise it's not racing. And having a set of rules that treats everyone fairly means that when you CAN race, it's meaningful, and globally fair.

And yes, i did object to your request for running a wheel larger than allowed for the class (which if I recall correctly was borne of your desire to save money because you had a cheap source of wheels that fit your car, which I guess is a somewhat difficult car to find cheap wheels for). If you got your way, the result would have been:

-A better wheel for you (a line item exception for your car) than anyone else, or....
    -Everyone else having to switch wheels to be on the same level playing ground as you.

I found the concept shortsighted or, at worst, selfish. Sorry.

If you consider that a load of crap, so be it.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Sigh? wow..... you really have a hard time reading between the lines
    I somewhat expected something like this from you

The ITAC fan club continues to grow!

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967