Thread: Rollcage progress

Thumbs up Rollcage progress

Guys this is the progress so far, you are all invited to chime in, preferably positive critisism.

Thanks,

Efrain
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665

Efrain: The cage looks nice. I am not sure if it was a deliberate decision with the main hoop to put the foot on the top of the frame, or not. I had my cage built with the foot of the main hoop on the floor with the mounting plate extending from the floor up the cross frame and the side frame (two vertical surfaces). I notice that the foot of the front down tube is done that way. I also have a cross brace at the foot of the rear braces. But the cage looks real strong.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Thanks Bill for your input. We mainly focused on attaching the cage to strong solid locations and the floor was too weak to place it there. Same thing happened at the rear tubes we decided to place them at a different location than usual due to chassis strength.

thanks,
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665

Looks pretty good... although thats the fugliest looking tubing I've ever seen!

In the future, you've got 144 square inches... make use of it. IMO, Pretty small pads. Run down the rockers with some gusset plates to tie that whole corner under the main hoop together. On the rear, you can add more material there. Looks like you could get to the frame to tie it in pretty easily. Good fit on the hoop!
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

All the tubbing is DOM, Seamless, 1.5" x .095" SAE 1020 Mild Steel

Efrain
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546

Didn't mean anything other than the tubing "visually" looks funky.. little bit of cleanup and paint and all will be good
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Raycer View Post
    Didn't mean anything other than the tubing "visually" looks funky.. little bit of cleanup and paint and all will be good
    Thanks for your suggestion Scott:
    I already spoke to the fabricator and he will improve onto the base of the rollbar and will extend the base gusset plate all the way by the rocker by the corner.

Thanks,

Efrain
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546

The rear down tubes going to the plates are good. The tubes added for bracing are welded in shear and are reduced to the strength of the weld. I would suggest in the future they go to the plates or the front side of the tubes to place them in compression. We usually add a bar between the strut\shock towers and go to that joint for added strength.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)