Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITA/7 vs ITB vs SM in the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by miketrier View Post
    Morgan
    I'd stay away from the VW's but only because they seem to break more and require more maintenance than the Mazdas.
    Just because Albin can break anything, it does not make the VW an unreliable racer. It really does quite well. Chris asks a lot from his equipment...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Good luck in your search. BTW, I lived in Ankeny when I had the RX7.
    Mike Trier
    Thanks for chiming in, Mike! I have heard that about the RX7's before - Peter Egan said that he bought his for $3500, raced it for 5 years just changing fluids and consumables, and sold it for $3500!

Everyone has had some great input and I really appreciate it! I have "Go Ahead Take The Wheel" on order and plans to ply some of the local road race crowd with beer and/or wrenching time to get more info. Like I said, I'll do some DE events this year in the street car, and if all goes well, by late this year or early next, I'll have cleared out garage space and will move into "shopping" mode. Knowing me, I will narrow it down to a few possible classes, and then I will find the "best deal" I can. One thing I learned from karting and reading on racing forums though, the "best deal" is NOT the cheapest deal very often when it comes to racing equipment!

Morgan

Morgan
    There really isn't a move back to ITA, its just that some weekends there isn't much of a IT7 class so the drivers run in ITA.
    Mike Trier
    The highest # of entries i can find for IT7 all year was 3.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region