Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Actually, and sorry to belabor the point, but Bill is correct. Sort of. "The Last Record Album" WAS released by the Feat in '75, but it didn't include "Don't Bogart that Joint" at that point...it was a short album of 32 minutes. The band was doing the song live, often segueing into or out of "Willin'" with it though, and it nearly appeared on the seminal live recording "Waiting for Columbus", but didn't make the vynl additions cut. It was added to "The Last record Album" when that album was re-released later, with tracks added to fill it out, and was included in the CD version of "Columbus".

Bill's correct that the "real" release in '88 was "Let it Roll", the first new album for the band since Georges death, and was the beginning of their "second act".
Don't be so sure about that Jake. The way I read your post, "Don't Bogart..." was never released until 1988. I'll actually have to dig my vinyl copy of Waiting For Columbus out of the attic, but I'm fairly confident that "Don't Bogat..." was on the vinyl version. I also recall that when WFC was finally released on CD, there was a notation that "Don't Bogart..." and "A Apolitical Blues" were left off, due to time constraints.