Thread: Congrats to Ty Till....

Default Congrats to Ty Till....

Tech/scrutineer of the year! In the new Sports Car.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hey Ty,
    Congrats!

Now my first stint as Tief of Chech is for Lone Stars Regional on May 24th. I'm open for pointers.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Heh, thanks guys.

Jerry - Impound the top six in the SM group on Sunday. Make them completely disassemble their cars. Weigh their wrist pins. Count the teeth on third gear (or whatever gear would be most advantageous to change at TWS). Inspect their front hub spindles for REM treatment. CC the heads. Count the teeth on the ring gear. Use an ultrasonic tester to measure all their roll cage tube walls. Measure the valves. Send the cams and shocks to Jeremy for evaluation. Don't release them until 10:00pm.

How many techies will you have on your crew?

With that bunch it seems like the more I make them take their cars apart, the more they like it.

Please sir, may I have another?

That’s my formula, and I’m sticking to it.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Quote Originally Posted by x-ring View Post
    Heh, thanks guys.

Jerry - Impound the top six in the SM group on Sunday. Make them completely disassemble their cars. Weigh their wrist pins. Count the teeth on third gear (or whatever gear would be most advantageous to change at TWS). Inspect their front hub spindles for REM treatment. CC the heads. Count the teeth on the ring gear. Use an ultrasonic tester to measure all their roll cage tube walls. Measure the valves. Send the cams and shocks to Jeremy for evaluation. Don't release them until 10:00pm.

With that bunch it seems like the more I make them take their cars apart, the more they like it.

Jerry,
    I'll second Ty's SM impound idea, those SMer's are an interesting lot.

Seriously, treat the racers how you would like to be treated. Don't come into the event acting like the new sherriff in town trying to clean up Dodge City and start blasting away or act like an ogre. Read what Ty said about treating the racers, I agree with his philosophy. My tech mentors taught me the same things.
    Bill Etherington
    NNJR Tech

Bill,
    Even in a past life when I was riding a patrol car my approach was to treat the driver the way I would expect to be treated if the roles were reversed.

Ty,
    Not enough crew to tear down one much less the top 6. All the SM (is that not an appropriated name for that class?) cars got checked for last weekend was kill switches and restricter plates. And the whole class went to impound on Saturday per the ACS Steward. That was fun.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by x-ring View Post
    Heh, thanks guys.

Here's to Ty, the hardest working man in the Tech-Shed. You're a scholar and a gentilman.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    Even in a past life when I was riding a patrol car my approach was to treat the driver the way I would expect to be treated if the roles were reversed.
    Me too!
    Congrats Ty. Nice to have a Zpilot recognized for their efforts off the track!
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

And, Ty's also helping get this Wanna-Be-ITS-Z-Car newbie on the track this year!!!

Thanks Ty...Robert
    ITS 240-Z #50
    Rio Grande Region

Meh, I guess he's OK.

Probably won't see you in Pueblo this year, Ty....PROBABLY.

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

Quote Originally Posted by JIgou View Post

Probably won't see you in Pueblo this year, Ty....PROBABLY.
    Come on, buddy. Diesel is only $4/gallon. :eek:
    Last edited by x-ring; 03-14-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I gotta learn how to type...
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    Not enough crew to tear down one much less the top 6. All the SM (is that not an appropriated name for that class?) cars got checked for last weekend was kill switches and restricter plates. And the whole class went to impound on Saturday per the ACS Steward. That was fun.
    Yeah, I hear that. We often have a national with only two of us. For a regional we’re lucky to have more than one. It kind of makes it hard to do an effective impound. Dep’ty Sherrifs are easy to find; hardworking, knowledgeable scrutineers that are there for the right reasons are a *little* tough to come by.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

So, I finally got a chance to read the interview last night, and I gotta say a couple of things:

Everybody here knows my car is a 260, not a 240. I think I told the interviewer I race a Z-car, and he wrote 240Z. Ah well, he told me he’s an SRF driver, so what does he know.

I don’t have six more doners waiting in my back yard. I have six Z’s, not all are waiting to go on track. One of those I drive to work everyday. One is the black cow in my avatar.

I didn’t write up 40 of 60 cars at the ’06 runoffs. I wrote 40 actions; a number of cars had more than one area of non-compliance. Some of those the stewards didn’t act on. I need to write a letter to SportsCar about this one, lest the SM guys come after me with pitchforks.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion