Thread: Need New Belts?

Default Need New Belts?

Need new belts this year. I'm looking at Crow and Impact right now. Impact has a trade-in program to get a 5 point set with the trade-in of the "other brand" for $63. Also, no reweb, just trade-in for the same price when they expire. Wondering if anyone has experience with either brand or recommendations on what belts are preferred. Thanks

We've used Impact for the last couple of years. Not a bad deal, but don't wait til the last minute for the rewebs. Last year, mine were sent in just in time for a hardware backorder, then they sent me the wrong set back, etc etc. I ended up having to borrow a set from a customer to make the first event.

Also, I don't really like how hard they are to adjust. We have to fight to loosen them off for driver changes.

If I had it to do over again (and I will in another year grrrrrrr), I'll be going w/ FIA belts.
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Crow belts came with my car and I'll be sending them in for a reweb this year.($45 +ship to reweb)They have a nice soild cam-lock with a good feel. Probably better belts out there but Crow are good/cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Raycer View Post
    We've used Impact for the last couple of years. Also, I don't really like how hard they are to adjust. We have to fight to loosen them off for driver changes.
    We run Impact belts as well - Remove the spring clip in the strap adjusters on your chest, and the slider will move much easier for driver changes.
    Team Jagermeister
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10 - ITB NESCCA Enduro Champions

I look at a lot of belts every year doing annual inspections. In camlock style I like Crow and UltraShield. G-Force FIA is hard to beat for the price, but I'm unimpressed with their stitching.

I'm pretty sure both Crow and UltraShield will re-web for around $50.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion