Quote Originally Posted by Tom Donnelly View Post
I've been looking at Turner motorsports' and Korman's sites. Lots of interesting informantion. Did y'all check the rear subframe before buying your street cars? And is the fix that Turner offers IT legal? It looks like a "repair" but maybe more so. Welding up the control arms is probably not legal either.

Not much out there as far as hopping up an E-46 except for WC. Korman's IT suspension kit looks pretty complete. Are there IT cars running motons? Just curious, I can't help it! I look at stuff in terms of "how much is this in tire money?" and "would this make a decent race car?". I haven't even been looking at 2-doors or convertables 'cause a four door is stiffer. All that in deciding on a 3 mile commute.

I like the older 5 series too, they had some really classy lines.
The sub frames failed when people flogged the hell out of their cars (e36) with soft suspension settings for a long time. If the car has been tracked at all have someone knowledgeable check the subframe out. If you rapair the control arms & subframe then it's legal. ;~)

The best way to hop up a E46 is to get a set of lightweight wheels! My M3 wheels must weight 30#'s each, I can get 18" wheels reasonable for around 300 and I'll bet I will notice a big difference if I'm able to save 10#'s per wheel. Not only that but removing the stagger, now I'm able to rotate the tires. Trust me, you won't notice any difference between the 2 door and 4 door. Don't let that hinder your decision.