Thread: 240SX Nanny Speed Limiter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i hope you have time to either wire up an s-afc or get some more dyno time. jwt ecu do run rich when pre-programmed. see if you can get some dyno time and trim back fuel and possibly gain a few more hp.

you can modify the stock ecu to accept an 8bit eprom so you can change timing maps, ignition maps, rev and speed limiter, +much more. this is legal in IT because the modification is within the ECU housing.

once you have the ecu modified, use rom editor to modify your values. if you need some advice regarding rom tuning, or the ka24e ecu, feel free to email me.

Quote Originally Posted by stinky180 View Post
    this is legal in IT because the modification is within the ECU housing.
    Now it would be legal whether it were within or outside of the ECU housing.

I wonder if anyone has tried setting up a megasquirt on one of our cars yet?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Now it would be legal whether it were within or outside of the ECU housing.

I wonder if anyone has tried setting up a megasquirt on one of our cars yet?
    One of our local drift guys has his car set up with megasquirt. He has a turbo, but has proven that it is easy and reliable. I think that would be my route if we ever get to that point.
    My stock ECU still runs the car great, I know there is more power in there, but no need to search for it untill I am out driving the car.
    Carver

Car Prep, Rentals and full builds.
    Details at http://www.ChrisCarverMotorSports.com

I have a megasquirt unit sitting in my garage. It came off a 16v that was MAP-based. However I currently have a 12v car/motor. I'm looking for a clean 16v car/chassis that I could put this on and see what a set of BC cams and Diamond pistons can do in nasa