Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
I'll keep this as simple as possible...

You DO NOT have anyone on the ITAC that had any clue what the Civic DX could do in terms of HP when you classed it.
You didn't. You couldn't have, because I'm pretty sure nobody ever built one. You could guess, but you could also guess on the Protege. Right?

So... You just said...
"When we DON'T know, we use 25%."

But you used 35% for the Civic, based on some untested, unknown assumptions.
Then you added even more weight for the DW suspension.

See Andy. Thats Bias.
A bias you DIDN'T apply to the Protege.

See?
Thats why I'm busting your balls.

PS - What exactly was the penalty for the double wishbone in the "process?"
100lbs might be reasonable for a 175hp ITS car, but I'd go out on a limb and say its excessive for a 100hp ITB car.

I gave you numbers. Give me some numbers.
Sorry man, we just don't agree. You think we are within 5hp of your goal by sheer luck? I asked you what your realistic goals were to proactlively validate the ITAC estimate. You say we DON'T have anyone with the knowledge yet you are 'pretty sure' nobody has built one? Come on. How is it you have a goal of 105whp when YOU have never built one? See how those two things don't mesh? Did you factor in power AT ALL when you decided you thought you could build a car that could win? Of course you did.

Every car gets 25% unless we have some other knowledge - plus or minus. Do you think it's bias when the S2000 gets 15% and the 325 BMW gets 30% in ITR? Nope.

Your car has a process weight of 2240. Power in IT-prep with a 100% build was estimated at 128. Pretty darn close to your 123 goal in which anything above that would be gravy. That gives you a base weight of 2189. Add 50 for DW and you get 2239 rounded up to 2240.

There ARE people who have told me that 50lbs for a DW car is just not enough, so opinions vary on that. Like I told someone last night via PM, this thing is not perfect, we all know it. We are trying to 'cluster' cars, not hit a bullseye...because the 'process' isn't good enough...but it sure as hell has a bunch of people building and racing cars that have never been considered.

In the end, I am sure we will end up agreeing to disagree on the power number applied. I am just the messenger. We rely as a committee on the collective knowledge, of which on Honduhs, I have none.