Thread: Track Checklist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Keep packing until you have no more space or run out of towing capacity.
    This from the guy that borrowed just about every part he ever put onto his GTI!!! How someone drives a VW and does not have a 13 mm wrench is beyond me!!

back to the question at hand.

I would bring whatever the known "problem areas" of your particular car are. and make sure that they are 100% ready to be installed. H20 pump w/ T-stat, gasket, O-ring..... CV axles with new nuts and bolts, control arms w/Ball joints, spindles w/ the same wheel studs that your use on all 4 corners.......

its always the small stuff that will bite you in the ass. you have all the time in the world to prepare for repairs right now, so when your trying to change a H2O pump between sessions your not scrambling to locate a gasket or O-ring

The list of spares I carry is WAY to long to post, but I usually end up supplying every VW at the track in one way or another. But I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Matt Bal

Nitrogen Bottle, Tools, Jack, Jack Stand, Heater (When its cold!), 2 cases of brake cleaner, oil, water, P/S fluid, trans fluid, control arms, hubs, struts,steering rack, head lights, tail lights, brake rotors, pads, master cylinder, calipers, brake hoses, water hoses, clutch, trans, halfshafts, throttle cable, clutch cable, shifter cables, exhaust, radiator, spark plugs and wires, engine harness, PCM, injectors, belts, alternator, P/S Pump, P/S hoses, gaskets, Nuts and bolts, ect..............

I don't like to go home after spending the $ to get there.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Kirk I think posted a good thought. Once you have raced for a few years, you get a feel for the weak areas of your car. Those should be the critical spares (and things you should replace regularly BEFORE failure).
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Wow, you VW and Honduh guys sure keep a lot of spares with you! For the Nissan I try to keep those items that are known potential problems, and/or have needed replacing at the track in the past. My parts list includes:

- Valve stems

Oh, and I would add one thing to Greg's list - "race car, with KEY, on trailer". Don't ask.

Note to self - may need to rethink spare parts list once the Camaro hits the track.
    Last edited by erlrich; 02-18-2008 at 10:44 AM.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

One time, I put the log book on the trailer. Like, right on the rear of my open deck trailer. Like, just laying there. And then I like, just drove off. And like, I got to the track without a logbook. But I put it on the trailer.

Organization is key too. Not good to have stuff if you can't get to it. Enclosed trailer certainly helps with that.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Oh, and I would add one thing to Greg's list - "race car, with KEY, on trailer". Don't ask.
    I put a spare key to the race car in the binder that holds the log book. The binder goes in the duffle bag with the race suit. As said before, if you have it with you, you will never need it!!

I also tape a spare key for the tow vehicle in the glove box of the race car. I think I used it once, when the key was in a jacket on the other side of the paddock.
    Todd Cohen