Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News from LRP

So without the Lime Rock weekend the Narrc schedule would be 4 NHMS races, 4 Pocono, a double at the Glen and one each at NLMP and LRP. With current rules only Pocono and NHMS would earn track points
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

By the way Tri-region is a cooperation of Philadelphia, South Jersey and Northeast Pennsylvania regions that was started to sanction races at a time none of the three had the resources to do it alone.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Andy, my comment was only that Flatout would have some extra incentive to attend both and most people wouldn't have the commitment to attend both races.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

We definitely need to have open communications with TRI region and LRP and quickly I would think. I believe as has been mentioned...

1. We need to find out what the impact is on TRI region if the date was dropped?
    2. What is the impact if LRP date (July) on the 2009 schedule if the date is not taken?
    3. Can the regions/ NARRC come up with a reasonable solution based on 1 and/or 2.

Does anyone have "pull" with LRP? Can a "The Club" date be added somewhere else in the year so SCCA could have just 1 weekend before the NARRC-offs?

What would NNJR think about making their national a regional???

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Andy, my comment was only that Flatout would have some extra incentive to attend both and most people wouldn't have the commitment to attend both races.
    Dave,

You have to understand that the only reason we would attend both is because the RACERS wanted us to. If they didn't, we wouldn't.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

We have a great relationship with the people running 'The Club'. Not sure how they interact with Georgia. I can find out.

The Club has two Fri/Sat events in July. 18-19 and 25-26.
    Andy Bettencourt

If they are flexible, there could be a good solution.. However, isnt the 2nd July date the same as the WGI weekend??

July 5-6 Narrc Pocono
    July 12-13 Nerrc NHMS
    July 19-20 Narrc NJMP
    July 26-27 Narrc Glen
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Looks like July is not a good option for a reschedule...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    We need to do what is best for NeDiv and the NARRC at the same time, remembering or course that Tri-Region is NOT part of the NARRC series.
    Then why are they hosting a NARRC race? I'm with Jeff and others on this one for sure. LRP has screwed us so f-ing bad over the past few years, if it was up to me I would tell to stick all thier dates in their ass. Just me though.

Let's see run double at Pocono and single at LRP same price. No brainer.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Well, I don't know about that Joe. I'd take a single at LRP over anything at Pocono.
    Dave Gran

Well, I don't know about that Joe. I'd take a single at LRP over anything at Pocono.
    Well, I don't know about that Dave; I'd take a single at Pocono over anything at LRP...

If I'm racing that weekend, I'm going to Pocono. If NER chooses to schedule an event that weekend, well, it would be disappointing. Like Dave said, "don't f-over Tri-Regions". - GA

The NARRC is a series. It is made up of 4 regions (of which TR is not). We as drivers WANTED a second date at Pocono so we could make the bonus point structure more user-friendly as well as keep more dates 'south'. TR accomodated this desire. Heck, it was a win for both - IMHO this event was going to be a nice little success as it was paying NARRC points.

In talking with some people today, it does seem that NER will be taking that date. It doesn't have to be a NARRC race either. Could very well be a NERRC only race.

My thought on that is a lose-lose. I believe 1/2the people will follow the NARRC points and avoid the LRP $425ish entry fee (for a TRUE double) at LRP while the other half will want to run on the new surface, set some track records and run the double. *I* think more people will follow the NARRC and pay lower fees but reasonable people disagree.

I would rather run at LRP (isn't it intersting that people like the tracks they can do better at? Duh.)

There are two decisons here in my mind - working against each other.

1. NER will probably grab this date.
    2. The NARRC committee needs to decide what event that day will maximize the series.

Tough call either way.

<<<<Falls to knees and prays for Palmer>>>>
    Andy Bettencourt

Dave,

You need to stop being a wuss about going to other tracks!! You need to be able to drive more track than just LRP and Mid O!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Summit Point Labor Day - unless you're afraid.
    Watkins Glen, probably the NARRC and/or Fun One.
    Mid Ohio as you said.
    NJ Track is a possiblity.
    Road Atlanta ARRC?

Notice how there are not rovals. I'm just not a fan. Did the Pocono thing once. Jeff, I just set-up a Pay Pal donation so you can help me goto more real race tracks.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    ...it does seem that NER will be taking that date.
    I'm just sitting here shaking my head. Have we not learned ANYTHING from the Mo-Hud debacle last year? How many times did we (the competitors) tell the organizers last year that we had very little interest in back-to-back-to-back-to-back weekends, especially one at a track that is so expensive to run? And now we're getting two events back-to-back ON THE SAME WEEKEND??? And, having to take ANOTHER day off of work to do it?

Who in the hell are these events being run for? The organizers or the racers?

Whatever. I wish NER luck, but I suggest they ask Mo-Hud to save them a seat at the credit agency...and one at the negotiating table next time they have to ask Tri-Regions for a favor.

Utterly amazing.

The July 5 & 6 Tri-Region event at Pocono (Double NARRC, Double NJRRS, and Pro-IT) is a big event in Tri-Region’s plan to return to putting on SCCA Regionals at Pocono. We have a long history of hosting Regional races there and only switched to PDXs three years ago to avoid conflicting with Regional races at other SCCA tracks in NEDiv scheduled for the same weekend Pocono made available to us. All of our PDXs lost significant money despite a major effort promoting and advertising these events and assistance from PDA.

Tri-Region is committed to a strong SCCA racing program at Pocono and is currently operating with a very good relationship with Pocono management. We hope to host at least one SCCA Regional weekend as well as a National weekend there for the foreseeable future and are very eager to be regular participants in the NARRC and new NJRRS series.

The loss of our NARRC/NJRRS event July 5 & 6 would be a critical blow to our plans. We have already written a check to Pocono committing to our 2008 events and are well along in planning the Double Regional.

I hope our fellow racing regions in NEDiv will think about the future when considering your Regional racing plans for this year. We have an approved SCCA road course at Pocono that is not going to be turned into a private club and expect to be racing there for many years to come.

Thanks,
    George Bloeser
    Tri-Region Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I'm just sitting here shaking my head. Have we not learned ANYTHING from the Mo-Hud debacle last year? How many times did we (the competitors) tell the organizers last year that we had very little interest in back-to-back-to-back-to-back weekends, especially one at a track that is so expensive to run? And now we're getting two events back-to-back ON THE SAME WEEKEND??? And, having to take ANOTHER day off of work to do it?

Who in the hell are these events being run for? The organizers or the racers?

Whatever. I wish NER luck, but I suggest they ask Mo-Hud to save them a seat at the credit agency...and one at the negotiating table next time they have to ask Tri-Regions for a favor.

Utterly amazing.
    There are already NARRC races on the 1st, 3rd nd 4th weeknds of July. This HAS TO BE an either/or in terms of NARRC points. NO WAY they can both be NARRC doubles so this effectivly changes nothing IMHO in terms of the AMOUNT of races.

I am betting LRP will be a double NERRC and Pocono will be the double NARRC. That is unless the NARRC committee decides to swap the 'sanction' to LRP because they think it's better for the series.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 02-17-2008 at 10:12 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt

LRP = Let's Raise Prices.

:eek:

I sit here at the reply to thread screen in shock. I only hope there's much more to this and it won't hurt other regions. Right now I'm puzzled how it won't, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Last edited by gran racing; 02-17-2008 at 10:16 PM.
    Dave Gran