Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News from LRP

That would be great but I am attending the school at NHIS that weekend. I will for sure look into the SCDA events. Thanks
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

I learned yesterday that LRP has sold the date to another group. None of the SCCA regions decided to take the date.

LRP is interested in keeping SCCA as part of their schedule and will be offering them the same amount of dates next year as they did this year.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Well, that seems to be the best of all answers. Glad to hear we still have a place in their heart.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

My reaction is a VERY big sigh of relief...

Aww crap this place has been so slow now there is nothing left to bitch about.

Oh yeah new bitch Where's my NARRC check?
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Hey Dan the car is a good solid fun car. I drove it with Dave at his last race he did in 06. We ran the enduro at watkins glen.Good luck. See ya at th track.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I learned yesterday that LRP has sold the date to another group. None of the SCCA regions decided to take the date.

LRP is interested in keeping SCCA as part of their schedule and will be offering them the same amount of dates next year as they did this year.

Glad to see that the regions are working together to succeed in the Northeast!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Any idea what the two new configurations are?

http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/cl....html#repaving
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
    Any idea what the two new configurations are?

http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/cl....html#repaving
    Yes. Skip has said that he will be 'squaring off' some of the faster corners so that the members have less of an 'opportunity' to wreck their high dollar stuff. This will be done 'inside' the current config.

The original configuration will be available as well.
    Andy Bettencourt

Ah, I got all excited that the part of the track planned in the early years which extends into the woods outside Big Bend was actually going to happen! (the sounds of a deflating balloon comes to mind...)
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
    Ah, I got all excited that the part of the track planned in the early years which extends into the woods outside Big Bend was actually going to happen! (the sounds of a deflating balloon comes to mind...)
    I doubt that, no matter how much money was available, that the "Mountain circuit" part of the track could ever be built, if only because the town will never approve such use.

Now, fold into the equation the cost vs profit, and the picture gets darker.

My guess is that the downhill will have a "chicane" to the inside, as will West Bend, and the uphill chicane will be in play for "Club" days.

Even if I were rich, I tend to doubt that I'd fork over my money to run that configuration. I could be wrong, so I'll wait and see, but I'm not optimistic that the "new" tracks going to leap forward in the "dying to drive it" category for me.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

I don't think you will even have a chance to run the 'club' course anyway Jake.
    Andy Bettencourt

I found the following on the Production forum. If true, this is truly sickening.
    http://www.timlinerud.com/racing/Lime_Rock/Lime_Rock_Track_Changes-1.pdf

Does anyone know if the new pit-in at West Bend will be used for all events?

DZ

Quote Originally Posted by kennyr7 View Post
    I found the following on the Production forum. If true, this is truly sickening.
    http://www.timlinerud.com/racing/Lime_Rock/Lime_Rock_Track_Changes-1.pdf

Very interesting...the area under the bridge could get pretty tight (As opposed to now, where there's a "little " room if things get congested..I know I've taken to the grass to avoid wrecks on the outer paed surface) if they put a divider wall up to separate the pit road from the track. That could become a track blockage issue.

In other spots the track is actually wider, like No Name straight. Looks like the chicane is gone in the uphill. I wonder which config will be used for Pro events, or some combination? That chicane leading onto the No Name looks REALLY tight...somehow I can't see ALMS digging that.

It also look WAY safer for those driving the traditional config, with paved runoffs on the inside and outside of the downhill, and lots more room at West bend.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

That "LRP Club Only" re-config pretty much addresses my safety concerns with the track -- let's face it, the place is pretty damn intolerant of even relatively minor mistakes -- but it completely destroys the character of the track and turns it into a silly "let's pretend we're racers" track.

Absolutely PERFECT for the LRP Club members...

Notice the outside of the Downhill is getting asphalt paving with a nice concrete curb on the outside...? And the Infield Entrance is getting moved back quite a way to accommodate the West Bend Chicane...? And the Swap outside the Left Hander is getting paved...? And West Bend is getting a nice, relatively-wide runoff area? And the Uphill Chicane is getting a whole new entry...?
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 03-21-2008 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zaslow View Post
    Does anyone know if the new pit-in at West Bend will be used for all events?
    I don't think they can, Dave; it'll kill lower part of the B Paddock. Don't think we'd have enough space for the bigger events, or for "multiple race" pro weekends...

On Edit: It is listed as "New Pit Entrance Road", with a "new three row tire barrier" outside of it...hmmm, wonder how that'll affect B-paddock space...However, it pulls the tires barriers WAY back for those that end up spinning to the inside when the blow the Downhill...

There are a LOT of revelations in this design, the more I look, the more I like...
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 03-21-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    That "LRP Club Only" re-config pretty much addresses my safety concerns with the track -- let's face it, the place is pretty damn intolerant of even relatively minor mistakes -- but it completely destroys the character of the track and turns it into a silly "let's pretend we're racers" track.

Absolutely PERFECT for the LRP Club members...

Notice the outside of the Downhill is getting asphalt paving with a nice concrete curb on the outside...? And the Infield Entrance is getting moved back quite a way to accommodate the West Bend Chicane...? And the Swap outside the Left Hander is getting paved...? And West Bend is getting a nice, relatively-wide runoff area? And the Uphill Chicane is getting a whole new entry...?
    I'd be surprised if the infeild bridge at the exit of West bend is being moved. It appears that it's in the same position as now. (I'll recheck though) And the swamp at the bottom of the spectator hill has "New improved runoff area-grass", not pavement. (Except for the area where the new club course leaves tangently, and crosses a semi swampy area.) The downhill looks WAY safer.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Jake, you're right on the lefty, I missed the color diff. However, the Bridge will HAVE to be moved/replaced; the new "pit-in" makes the track significantly wider. Though, based on its relationship to the "Existing Bituminous Drive" it looks to not be moved, just replaced with something wider...what I DON'T see here is how the trafic will be re-routed to the Bridge. The entire area between the registration shack and the bridge is replaced with runoff and a spectator mound. The tree line on the left (as you're driving in) is still there, with no notation on how to get from the reg shack area to the bridge. The transporter access road is still there, and improved, but we can't use that for regular infield access (I remember when we race(d) Nelson and Hallet, how we had to plan our lunch/parts runs carefully, lest we get stuck outside the track watching our race group running...)

For us, the track will be faster. Not only because of the pavement change, but also because of the improvements in runoff safety. If you were to make these proposed changes - but not repave - I'd suggest just the knowledge that mistakes won't be so painful would improve lap times. Based on my data aq, I know that if I weren't paying the tab for the accidents I could pick up another 1/2 to 3/4 second on average... - GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 03-21-2008 at 09:17 AM.