Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Breaking News from LRP

I have been to LRP multiple times since the project started...the land that they moved to create the new uphill corner is amazing. Dumping all the fill into the huge gully outside the lefthander. Hope it drains well.......

Will be there Saturday if anyone wants pictures of a certain area...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Where are the pictures?
    Jeremy Billiel

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

just saw a map of the new optional track layout...

now I see why the entrance got moved they way it did. there will be track where the "guard shack" used to be!!

Just saw it all yesterday... all I can say is wow!!! I just hope all this fast work is done well
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Andy, can you take a couple of the uphill and west bend?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Taken last Saturday. Lots of work being done especially for a Saturday. The entrance is dramatically different - doesn't look like Lime Rock. I drove right by the security shed.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

One thing that bugs me.....look at picture 44. It's looking west, toward the esses, with Big Bend in the frame, being paved (That parts good!) But, along the left, about 5 feet from the edge of the track, appears to be a tire wall. One of the good things about Big Bend is the amount of "Recovery space" you have outside the turn before you hit anything. Now, it appears, a little slide puts you into the wall. Why would they do that?? It seems really backwards.

I'd rather they had a grass strip outside the turn that's 6 or 10 feet wide, then a paved area. heck, paint the pavement green and put lots of gritty sand in the paint to help spinning cars slow down. Looks 'natural', yet doesn't damage cars. win-win.

If that wall had been there when this happened, I'd have a lot more bodywork to do...
    Last edited by lateapex911; 07-24-2008 at 01:38 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

New Britain, Connecticut, U.S. Local Track: Lime Rock Park

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    One thing that bugs me.....look at picture 44. It's looking west, toward the esses, with Big Bend in the frame, being paved (That parts good!) But, along the left, about 5 feet from the edge of the track, appears to be a tire wall. One of the good things about Big Bend is the amount of "Recovery space" you have outside the turn before you hit anything. Now, it appears, a little slide puts you into the wall. Why would they do that?? It seems really backwards.

I'd rather they had a grass strip outside the turn that's 6 or 10 feet wide, then a paved are. heck, paint the pavement green and put lots of gritty sand in the paint to help spinning cars slow down. Looks 'natural', yet doesn't damage cars. win-win.

If that wall had been there when this happened, I'd have a lot more bodywork to do...
    That's only there temporarily; I'm not sure why it was moved, but it may have been to level off that "recovery space" out towards the scoreboard. The tires will certainly be moved back.
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    "Don't genius live in a lamp?"
    -Patrick Star
    NER Board Member