Thread: Breaking News from LRP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I know I'm getting into this conversation extremely late...but... I went to the NHMS school in April and I did not get signed off!! Now what?? It is very depressing..with all I learned...and with the stuff I just started to understand that now I can't get on the track until October to progress!! I am scheduled to do the SCDA event on April 28th but this doesn't count toward my license and I still can't race all summer!!!??? By the way, I had a fantastic time at NHMS...Thanks to all the instructers and workers!! I even had fun flagging on Sunday and did learn more about T3!
    Denise VanBuren

It is sad but it is not the end of the world. You have choices but they all have some down side. I took a look and even towing to Great Lakes or South East your last opportunities were this weekend. you could fly somewhere and do a rental but that would cost a bit. You could take a accredited pro school but that also is expensive.
    If I were in your shoes I would run 4-6 track days and refine your driving and your setup, come to some SCCA and work or crew and do a fall school very well prepared. The truth is if you were on the bubble for getting signed off you would be pretty much thrown into the deep end starting racing. Races are the most expensive track time. If you go the path I suggest you will be far more competitive sooner.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

That's pretty much what we thought!! I'm going to do as many track days as I can and maybe get some instruction when possible! I will be attending the school at Watkins Glen in October and hopefully be a better racer for Sunday! Thanks!
    Denise VanBuren

I was told Motion Dynamics runs an accredited school at NHMS.

http://www.mdracing.com/school.asp

1-day.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Denise, how many track days do you currently have under your belt? If not a lot, doing what Dick said just might be the best thing for you. Maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing that the LRP school was canceled.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Thank you Dave, Believe me your advice means alot...but there's a part of me that wants to learn to race now!! I have to get on the track some how...catch 22!(Can't get on the track until you learn to race and can't learn to race until you get on the track!) Track Days it is!
    Denise VanBuren