Thread: 2008 ECS presented by Kumho

Default 2008 ECS presented by Kumho

The 2008 rules package is now avalible and a new event has been added to the schedule

Please visit the ECS website www.kumhoecs.com for current information.

Thanks

Roland

WAITAMINUTE - Did I miss a memo?

ECS 8 hours at Texas World Speedway, the same weekend as the ARRC??

Ouch.

K

Yeah, that's no good at all. Going to suck for anyone from the Southeast who was thinking about running the whole series, and for _any_ IT car really, as you're conflicting with our national championship now.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

This would not be the best way I've seen to reward Atlanta Region for stepping up to the plate with that 5 hour on short notice and a pledge to run it next year.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Slow down everyone. This event has always been ran in the past it is not a new event, just new to the ECS. This addtion was done so some of our western enduro teams that are not invovled with ARRC and the majority of our other events, can have an ECS race. This event will be moved in 09 to April so that it doesn't conflict with anything else. Just a one time deal. We are still trying to add a replacement for the Atlanta race and hope to annouce it soon. Remember that you can only count 3 races so missing the TWS event will not cause any problems for points as we already have 3 eastern races on the schedule. Please note that we are looking to include a few more races in the West for all to enjoy. I will try the best I can to keep dates apart from other events but sometimes that just isn't possible. Just like Nationals you may have to pick and choose based upon your schedule which events will be right for you. However I have put a cap on the number of races for the series nationwide , that total will be 8. I do appreciate the comments and concerns and will try to keep all of them in mind when doing the schedule and rules. I thank all of you for helping make this series what it is today . I spent the majority of the SCCA convention talking to regions about the series and trying to get new exciting events on the schedule. Lots of things are happening and 09 might turn out to be really cool! Keep in mind I am just one guy(just like the rest of you) trying to keep the series alive and exciting. I do need input and I do care about your comments. I am having fun putting this all togther and I am hoping you all will have fun with it too!

Thanks,

Roland

I absolutely DO appreciate your efforts on this front, Roland and we'll continue to be among your staunchest supporters. I was just personally conflicted because I'd already told myself that I was going to do the ARRC this year AND that we were going to support the entire ECS series. I've already had too much conflict in my racing plans and I haven't even gotten to the track yet!

K