Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spec Focus

Quote Originally Posted by cjb25hs View Post
    You have to take into consideration that the spec focus suspension is far from an IT level suspension would be. IIRC they don't even run adjustable shocks, just the SVT shocks and different springs and bars.
    Also that in Spec Focus they are required to run Toyos, which give up a lot of grip versus Hoosier R6 rubber.

I think the Focus in full IT trim could be a terror in ITS and make the front runners in ITR nervous. I've got an ITR Mustang, and no way is a stock V6 Mustang as good as a stock SVT Focus. I believe the latter has more upside and should be a better candidate in ITR than the Mustang. Just my $.02
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

I have owned an 04 SVT and an 06 ST with the 2.3.

Loved the '06; disliked the SVT.

It's all a weight game because either would make a good race car. Both are kind of oddballs though.

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    I have owned an 04 SVT and an 06 ST with the 2.3.

Loved the '06; disliked the SVT.

It's all a weight game because either would make a good race car. Both are kind of oddballs though.
    Glad to see that someone else agrees with me. I love my ST, it is essentially a detuned SVT suspension wise with more torque. IIRC the ST has the same sway bars and struts/shocks as the SVT but with softer taller springs.
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Yeah...that SVT was a trip. Broke off about 10 O2 sensors (on driveways!); doors would break (refuse to latch) and the tires could never stay balanced. All warranteed but a pain.

Never a problem or concern with the 2.3 ST and it ran much better. It was never in for service other than oil changes.

I trade at the end of warranty and I am currently on a '08 Cobalt Sport. Waiting on the '10 Fiesta.

The ITAC is taking a look at the Foci and (while I might just speak for myself) it's really easy to get lost among the various iterations of the thing. If any of you experts would like to provide "friend of the court" kind of documentation or guidance, you can email it to me and I'll put it into the mix. We need physical attributes to make decisions but general "what is what" kind of information helps (e.g., when different model/trim level runs started/ended, how they differ, which might have tricks hiding in the spec sheet that we should really consider a la the MTecnic BMW bumper...)

[email protected]

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    The ITAC is taking a look at the Foci and (while I might just speak for myself) it's really easy to get lost among the various iterations of the thing. If any of you experts would like to provide "friend of the court" kind of documentation or guidance, you can email it to me and I'll put it into the mix. We need physical attributes to make decisions but general "what is what" kind of information helps (e.g., when different model/trim level runs started/ended, how they differ, which might have tricks hiding in the spec sheet that we should really consider a la the MTecnic BMW bumper...)

[email protected]

K
    Kirk, I am by no means an expert but between myself and my 2 brothers we have owned 4 Foci, all different years and 3 different motors. I will send you all of the knowledge and back up info I have possibly over the weekend if I can.
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!