Thread: 2008 Longest Day 24 Hour Intent to Run

Default 2008 Longest Day 24 Hour Intent to Run

Below is a copy of the intent to run form. Please note ,ECS teams will get to enter a week before the rest. This document can be download at www.kumhoecs.com Speaking of the ECS, once you down load the form you could enter the ECS at the same time and it's free. We expect to have a full field this year so don't wait to enter and lose the chance to race. Roland

The Longest Day of Nelson

August 22-24, 2008

Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, OH

Intent to Run

Intent To Run forms from teams entered in the Endurance Championship Series, Presented by Kumho, will be accepted starting February 25, 2008. All other teams may submit Intent to Run forms starting March 3, 2008. Any entries submitted before their respective dates, as indicated by the postmark, will be returned. For more info on the Endurance Championship Series, visit their website at www.kumhoecs.com

Intent to Run Fee $500

Check or Money Order enclosed made payable to NLRC Check / MO #:

Team Name: _____________________________________
    Sponsors (if known): _______________________________________
    Entrant’s Name: _____________________________________ (Must be an SCCA Member)
    Member # & Region: _____________________________________
    Address: _____________________________________
    City, State Zip _____________________________________
    Home Phone _____________________________________
    Work Phone _____________________________________
    Cell Phone _____________________________________
    E-Mail _____________________________________

Tentative Drivers / Hometown __________________________________________________ _________________

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Car Class: _____________________________________

AS, ITR, ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, SSB, SSC, SM, SRF, SPU, SPO, T1, T2, T3, ITH, SPD, BP and DP

Car Logbook #, or VIN# _____________________________________

Car Make, Model, & Year ________________________________________

Mail Intent to Run form and fee to: (Please Do Not send as Signature Required)

Longest Day For additional information, please contact
    c/o Ann McHugh ___________________________ Race Chairman: Ann McHugh
    8722 Pine Hallow Dr. Home Phone: (440) 338-3159 (evenings)
    Novelty, OH 44072-9545 Email Address: [email protected]

Entry
    Intent to Run:
    Each Intent To Run must include a payment of $500 towards their entry.
    Each Intent must also include the logbook number of the car to be raced. If a logbook number is not available, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) may be used. In the event of damage or other circumstances, the team may substitute a different car only with the permission of the registrar. This may require documentation and is to prevent the selling of entries.
    Entries will be accepted in the order they are received and are limited to 45 cars. Entries beyond 45 will be kept on a waiting list.
    The entry fee is $1500. Must be paid in full by June 6, 2008
    Entries paid in full by April 16, 2008 will receive a $300 discount on their entry. ($1200 total)
    Late Entry: Entries submitted after July 12, 2008 must pay a late entry fee of $500 ($2000 total).
    All entry forms must be submitted by U.S. Mail, No Signature Required, or other traceable carrier (UPS, Fed-Ex), the carrier’s postmark will determine whether or not an entry deadline is met.
    A $50 charge will be assessed to a team for any returned/NSF check.
    Send all forms, with payments, to:

Longest Day For additional information, please contact
    c/o Ann McHugh ___________________________ Race Chairman: Ann McHugh
    8722 Pine Hallow Dr. Home Phone: (440) 338-3159 (evenings)
    Novelty, OH 44072-9545 Email Address: [email protected]

Checks and money orders are acceptable, made payable to: NLRC

Note: Checks will be deposited upon receipt.

Refunds and Cancellations:
    Cancellation request may be by telephone, but must be followed up in writing. Phone notification must be received by June 6, 2008. Full refunds will only be given if there is an entry waiting on the waiting list. Otherwise a refund will be given less the $500 Intent To Run payment. Late Entries are NON-REFUNDABLE.

Default Open starting today for ECS Teams

:026:Starting today ECS teams can send in your intent to enter for the 2008 running of the Longest Day.

If you would like to sign up for the ECS go to www.kumhoecs.com It's free!

The rest of you have to wait till next week.

Roland

Sent our stuff in for the ECS last week and intent to run with money this week,looking forward to it again this year.

Thanks Roland

Dave Volante

Default Need a driver?

Hi All, I would love the opportunity to take part in the 24hr race, if anybody needs a additional tall driver 6'4" let me know.

National GT3 driver with 10+ years road racing experience.

Hank Biesterfeldt

Quote Originally Posted by henryj63 View Post
    Hi All, I would love the opportunity to take part in the 24hr race, if anybody needs a additional tall driver 6'4" let me know.

National GT3 driver with 10+ years road racing experience.

Hank Biesterfeldt
    Get in touch with Kirk Knestis ("Knestis" on this site). His ITB Golf fits drivers of all shapes and sizes and is the defending champ in ITB at the 24 hour (and the 13 hour and the ARRC and...)

Top notch car, top notch program.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

Yup - we can fit pretty much anyone in the Golf. Email me at [email protected] and we can talk.

I have NOT submitted my intent form because I don't yet have a full driver line-up, so can't commit.

K

Any updates on how many entries so far?

I noticed that the 12 hour at Summit has a handful after a day of it being open. Perhaps gone are the days when that event filled up inside of an hour and left people waiting in line?

Exclamation Entry fee & Supps

Has everyone noticed that the entry fees have risen $300 over last year! With the increase in the price of fuel, both to include getting to the track and what we burn at it, the cost of this race has risen significantly.

And don't expect to get your $500 intent fee back if you cancell. At the lower rate last year, they didn't fill the field.

When will the supps or at least a schedule be posted? If they stick to the 3 pm start time like last year, we will have to take Mon off work again, but if the start time is more resonable, say 10 -12, then that will save a vacation day.

I would really like to look at the supps prior to comitting. Need lead time to budget and make plans. Would also like to save the $300 by paying by Apr 16th. I guess what I'm saying is, we need the supps now!

P.S. Maybe they will use the extra money to make sure the bathrooms work this year.

Jay
    TEAM TROXELL
    TEAM YORK
    #28 ITB VW GOLF

Jay,

Go to http://www.nelsonledges.com/LONGESTDAYsched.aspx for this years schedule. Please note the start time is Noon! Also I wouldn't bet on the field not being full, we have some old teams coming back this year...like Car and Driver and others.

The supps are not yet approved but they didn't change much from last year.

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Hahn63 View Post
    Jay,

Please note the start time is Noon!

Definately appreciated moving this up.
    TEAM TROXELL
    TEAM YORK
    #28 ITB VW GOLF

Roland,
    Is there anything online that list who has signed up for the ERS and or the drivers list for the 24 so far?
    Just want to make sure everything I have entered is good to go.

Dave Volante
    High Street Racing

Sorry Roland,ECS

Dave- I did get your ECS info, once I get a chance to update the website ( I'm working on it , promise!)your team will be listed on it. www.kumhoecs.com

I don't have a list yet of 24 hour teams . I know we had 8 teams sign-up in the first day or so.. I will see what I can do to publish a list.

I also know the supps are about done. I didn't see any major changes other than the noon start time so expect everything just like last year.

Roland

quote=type r rocket;261178]Roland,
    Is there anything online that list who has signed up for the ERS and or the drivers list for the 24 so far?
    Just want to make sure everything I have entered is good to go.

Dave Volante
    High Street Racing[/quote]

Thank you Roland,
    Have a great Easter weekend.

Dave Volante