Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
9.1.3.C top of page 330 "Stock replacement parts may be obtained from sources other than the manufacturer provided they are the exact equivalent of the original part." So who says whats the "exact equivalent?" For anyone who can go down to NAPA to purchase such parts, do you run a frequency analysis spectrum to make sure the Chinese made part has the same polymer/cure ratio as your old part? Or do you just look at it and say, "Well it generally looks like the stock part, the holes are in the right spot, and it looks like it'll fit." If you were to even perform a simple test like a durometer on the rubber, what kind of value and more importantly what kind of error range would there be, and how does it change over time?

Remember, I'm not talking about orange poly's... I'd think the earlier list and documentation would only apply to the factory parts. On my car I could supply about a dozen or so of those superseeded part numbers, but they're not on the spec line right now.... Then multiply that across all the different cars, and our spec lines will grow much longer. I don't think the ITAC wants to get in the bussiness of part number management, not when you're getting ready to even get rid of the model (vin) numbers you have under your control now. I think the test is, "Does it look stock?" is about as close as we're going to get. Aluminum?? No, Orange/Yellow/Green/Black Poly?? No, These?? you tell me.

James
However you want to "try" and justify it...........

What do you think is the intent of the rule??