Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats up with the Memphis drivers school???

Also check out our website, www.midsouthscca.org. I have uploaded all of the necessary forms for anyone who wishes not to use DLB racing.
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
    -ernest hemingway-

Just taking a look at the entry list. Any chance of splitting Spec Miata and IT7 off in their own group for this event? That would free me up to race the POS-7 in ITA so that little crum grabbing kid of mine doesn't have all the fun this weekend!

Great event, if you were not there you surely missed out.
    I think the 240sx is ready to head out to some big tracks now.
    Thanks for the great event guys,
    we will be back,
    Carver

Car Prep, Rentals and full builds.
    Details at http://www.ChrisCarverMotorSports.com

Carver - I'd say your ready for anywhere, you had that thing flying. You were going by so fast I couldn't even pick up a draft!

As usual, MidSouth put on a great event with extremely helpful and friendly people.

I made some major changes to the suspension setup (thanks for the tips to Mr. Albin and Mr. Findley) and got mine MUCH faster (picked up five seconds). There is still easily another second to find, I'm just going to need some more seat time to get used to driving it differently.

My buddy John (screen name - Yellowhammer) got his very first race in and kicked my butt in the process. He is SO hooked now, I feel like a dealer!
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Carver - I'd say your ready for anywhere, you had that thing flying. You were going by so fast I couldn't even pick up a draft!

My buddy John (screen name - Yellowhammer) got his very first race in and kicked my butt in the process. He is SO hooked now, I feel like a dealer!
    Thanks for the lovin, I realy messed up the start of the race and had some personal issues to work out while running the rest of the race. Self modivation is way better than any other I have found.

Glad to see others expanding the sport and helping other drivers into this addiction.

Had a blast and will see you all at the next one.
    Carver

Quote Originally Posted by CCARVER View Post
    I realy messed up the start of the race
    You weren't alone, I think I picked off six cars on the start before I realized that I was about to dive into turn 1 for the first time with a suspension setup that was absolutely alien to anything I'd ever driven before. I decided it would be better to stop and let everybody else go than it would be to risk taking out a handful of cars in T1 on L1 if the car didn't respond as expected. I then gently worked up my corner speed over the course of the race, and I never did find the limit in T1. I need a longer race to acclimate to the change (some of us are slower than others at adapting to change!)
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

On behalf of the MidSouth Region, thanks for attending our event. Obviously the weather wasn't perfect but in Memphis it never is and the Weather Steward decided to go on Spring Break. I am glad that you had a successful weekend. Come back on Memorial weekend where we are going to have a double National but along with it a double IT Tour event to get you IT guys here for the weekend. Keep in touch.

Phil
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
    -ernest hemingway-

Quote Originally Posted by CCARVER View Post
    Thanks for the lovin, I realy messed up the start of the race and had some personal issues to work out while running the rest of the race. Self modivation is way better than any other I have found.

Glad to see others expanding the sport and helping other drivers into this addiction.

Had a blast and will see you all at the next one.
    Carver
    Yes, I would say you had an issue at the start of the race, you just kept going and going and going and going...... you did great though.

Way to go to everyone in Memphis!!! The school went great, the Mustang ran all weekend and Don got his license. Couldn't ask for more.
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

Quote Originally Posted by fiat124girl View Post
    Yes, I would say you had an issue at the start of the race, you just kept going and going and going and going...... you did great though.

Way to go to everyone in Memphis!!! The school went great, the Mustang ran all weekend and Don got his license. Couldn't ask for more.
    With the team support just south of the 90's I had the modivation to keep fighting though the pack.
    I will call Jude next week with a list of what I have around here to get his 240 back on track.
    Thanks for the help and support,
    Carver

Hey Carver... Will you be running at Gateway in 2 weeks???
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
    LOL... Mark is trolling for ITS competition
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Quote Originally Posted by buldogge View Post

Negative, burnned up my yard passes untill mid summer. I am eager to run against some ITS cars to see how the 240 stacks up. We have some local series racing in April if any of you want to come to LA. And the procceeds go to chairty.
    Carver