Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help out a fellow racer?

Would that be theeeee famous Matt whose last inital is B.?
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Aaron,

I never did get to read the original post, but would gladly help out if I can. I may have a driver's suit and pair of Simpson HiTop racing shoes that would work. You can PM me or email to cwire*at*therecoveryroom*dot*com with the sizes needed, and I'll see what I can do.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

What size shoes are needed? I think I may have a pair that I can donate towards the cause. I have not been logging on as much recently as in the past, so please be patient with a response. PM me with the size, if you would.

Scott Frankliin
    www.NutDriver.org
    ScottF at NutDriver dot org
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Just a quick update. My neice got to come home! :026:She is gaining some weight and seems to be doing well. My sister in law is also healing but still very sore. I have recieved the barclava from Mark and the gloves from Bill. Thanks guys!!! My brother was so excited when I gave them to him. He can't believe the generosity. I hope I can come up with a driving suit and shoes, which I am working on with a couple of other members here, and a helmet. I am trying to keep everything posted here because I don't want any duplicates, that is definately not the point of this. Thanks again to everyone and please continue to keep my neice in your prayers.

Aaron
    "Success in life is not in knowing the right answers. It's in knowing how to ask the right questions." - Author Unknown

1990 Honda Civic Si ITA (eventually)
    Hallett COMMA Series PA Class

Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
    Would that be theeeee famous Matt whose last inital is B.?
    Just to clarify its NOT this Matt B. want to set the record strait.

Matt Bal

Hooray for teachers
    Hooray for our public education system
    I had help getting it all together for my drivers school,
    and if I had any useable stuff to give, I would send it right along.
    Good luck to your family, all the best
    Carlos
    Gettin' old aint for wimps

Another big thanks to Mike (m glassburner) he is sending a pair of nomex socks for my brother. And a Huge thank you to Mike (m33mcg) who is sending a fire suit!! I can't thank all of you enough. I hope we see you guys at the track sometime. The only thing my brother is lacking at this point is a helmet (XL) and a pair of shoes (9 1/2). If anyone has any leads on these items let me know. Thanks again, what a great group of guys. I am proud to be part of the Improved Touring group!

Aaron
    "Success in life is not in knowing the right answers. It's in knowing how to ask the right questions." - Author Unknown

OK Aaron, I think I may have what your brother needs. I am a bit of a helmet collector (much to my wife's dismay). I have a G-Force Hybrid that is SA2000 approved. I'll check the size when I get home, but it MIGHT be an XXL. I have a bucket for a head and generally wear a 7 3/4. My only condition to offering it (if your bro wants it) is for the "Discovery Parts" decals remain on it. The owner has always done my brother and I right and has even cost himself money to save us money, so I think he deserves the free ad. Let me know at ScottF *at* NutDriver *dot* org.
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

I got the socks from Mike (mglassburner) Thanks Mike!!! Scott is sending my brother one of his older helmets, awesome!!! Thanks Scott! And I think Mike (m33mcg) is going to send a driving suit, Mike I sent you and email just waiting to hear from you. Thanks again to everyone that has helped out my brother, he and I both appreciate all the generous help and donations! My niece is doing well, she is gaining some weight. Mom is doing well, but isn't getting a lot of sleep. The baby has to be fed every 3 hours 24/7 because she was a preemie. Thanks to everyone that is praying for them.

Quote Originally Posted by arpenn View Post
    The baby has to be fed every 3 hours 24/7 because she was a preemie. Thanks to everyone that is praying for them.

Actually she has to be fed every 3 hours because she's a newborn

Got I don't miss that. It's a little better when they get to 6-7 months. LOL

Glad to hear everyone is ok.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

I got the helmet from Scott yesterday. Awesome helmet by the way! We can't thank everyone enough. What a huge help to my brother. Just trying to keep you guy's up to date on everything. Here is what has been donated to my brother so far:

3.3/5 Gloves - Bill S.
    Nomex Socks - Mike G.
    Nomex Barclava - Mark B. / Scott F.
    SA2000 Helmet - Scott F.

and Mike (m33mcg) is sending a driving suit.

I can't thank all of you enough!

Aaron,

Glad to hear things are looking up. I believe I still have a large Bell/Nasa driver's suit if Mike's doesn't work out. And also a pair of Simpson high top shoes in sz 11, black. (IIRC)
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

Hey guy's!
    Here is another update. My neice is doing very well she is over 7 lbs. now and my sister in law was able to go back to work last week! So both are doing very good. And yes my neice is cute, not that I am partial or anything.

My brother is still in need of a driving suit, I guess that Mike changed his mind I haven't heard from him in some time. I did send Chris an email about his suit so I will let you know. It will depend on the sizing. We are going to try and make an event at the end of April.

I want to thank everyone again for all the support and donations to my brother we both appreciate the help. I plan on posting a picture of him in all the gear soon, just trying to find a fire suit.

Thanks Again!

Aaron, sorry for the delay, I haven't checked my email at home in a while. I'll do so as soon as possible.

I am 6' tall and 210 lbs with a fairly average build (34 waist). Hopefully this may help you decide if this suit will work or not. A friend borrowed it a while back and it is sitting in his closet, so I've got a call into him to get it back. Probably Thursday night.

Let me know if you think the sizing will work. I think the suit is a large.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

Chris what brand/model is the suit, so I can look up the size chart. The only thing I am concerned about is the waist, I think my brother is a little bigger than a 34, but most large suits according to the size charts should fit him. Send me a email or PM. Thanks!

The suit is made by Bell/Nasa, it's called a ProEuro or something like that. I bought it about 10 years ago, but never raced more than 5 weekends in any one year. In 2002 I bought a new Sparco and haven't worn the other one since. A friend borrowed it about a year ago and wore it once and he still has it. I'm getting it back tomorrow evening. I'll contact you for further details when I've got it in hand.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

John (JCmotorsports) donated a pair of shoes. They are in the mail. Thank You John!! Chris is working on a driving suit for my brother. I think with these two items and everything else that you guy's have so generously donated he has all the safety gear required to race! :026: We really can't thank you guy's enough. We are planning our first HSDE with the race car April 26 & 27 so we can get a feel for the car. We will be running at Hallett Motor Raceway just west of Tulsa, OK. I will try to post some pictures soon.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped out with donations, you guy's are the best!

I recieved the shoes from John yesterday and just wanted to say a big thank you! The shoes fit my brother perfectly. What a great bunch of guys on this forum. I hope we get a chance to meet all of you someday and say thank you in person. Everything that has been donated has fit my brother great. Again thank you all!

Here is what everyone has donated to help get my brother out on the track this year.

3.3/5 Gloves - Bill S.
    Nomex Socks - Mike G.
    Nomex Barclava - Mark B. / Scott F.
    SA2000 Helmet - Scott F.
    Driving Shoes - John C.

Chris W. said he is going to donate a driving suit.

Thanks Guys your the best!

arpenn,

You've got mail!
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

Chris turn on your Private Messages. I can't pm you. I have sent 3 emails 2 to the address you emailed me from, those came back rejected. I also sent you an email through this forum, did you get it?

Aaron