Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
So by that logic ABS and traction control would be legal, on some but not all cars.
uh, no... just no.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
I don't see any reason to change the rule. There are plenty of IT-legal shock systems for the S2000, even though the stock ones have external reservoirs ... for example: http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...aspx?kc=ff2155
"Sample Image Shown (Actual Part May Differ)"

I'll agree that there appears to be a few aftermarket dampers that do not have an external reservoir for the rear, but that's pretty scary considering how short the dampers are. Honda didn't engineer the OE parts that way for no reason... it's what is necessary for the given space and travel.

I certainly don't agree with every-one's opinion here, but they are appreciated nonetheless. At worst, it gives me a better idea of how to word my request when I e-mail it in.

So to clearly reiterate;

The rear suspension design of the Honda S2000 is of that which requires and external or remote reservoir damper due to space constraints. This is proven by the use of such parts as original equipment on the rear of the car. It is not my goal to create rule creep, provide a competition advantage to (the rear) of my vehicle, or to argue semantics.

cheers,