Thread: Which b13 camber plates?

Default Which b13 camber plates?

I just received my so awaited progress coilovers and I will like to know what are the options available on camber plates to the B13 sentra chassis.

Ground Control will give you both Camber and Caster and are ~$350-$399. They mount ABOVE the strut tower. There is some minor grinding that needs to be done to the bottom of the strut tower.

http://www.sr20forum.com/road-racing...ng-issues.html

Cusco will give you camber only ~$220. The take away from travel, however the Progress coilovers are shortened so its not that big of a deal. Cuscos have a special nut that only fits OEM struts, you can not use this nut with Progress struts. You will have to do some minor work to get them to work. I have not had the chance to test them yet...

http://www.sr20forum.com/autocross-r...er-plates.html

Quote Originally Posted by fairgentleman z View Post
    Don't know what the big deal is
    My solution:
    I actually did these this past summer, finally uploaded the pics tonight.
    To start off with threw together a sleeve, you can see it in the camber plate:
    O.D. to fit inside the heim join, I.D. to fit over the coilover's thread.

Next, lathed down the spring perch. Bottom completely flush (as can be seen in previous pic), top just enough so the "camber adjusting screws" don't contact. Also enough threads of the supplied locking nut thread on seen in next pic;

And assembled. DID NOT use the Cusco nut, used the Progress nut;

Notice the "camber adjusting screws" do not contact through out the travel of the Heim joint.
    That's it, have not had the chance to test them out yet, but I forsee no problems.

I had the Ground Controls on my B13 and they were great. Look around you can find them used for around 200.00, thats what I did. They give you some extra travel which really helps on the B13's they don't have much to begin with.
    1985 Toyota MR2 #76 ITA SEDIV SOLD...

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S ITR work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by ramoncito89 View Post
    I just received my so awaited progress coilovers and I will like to know what are the options available on camber plates to the B13 sentra chassis.
    I just finished my b-13. I'm using the ground controls. so far no issues.

I used GCs as well, modified to a four-bolt pattern so they would not interfere with camber travel, longer slots to take advantage of that travel, and modification of the big hole in the top of the strut to allow more camber.

I also replaced the bearing with a much higher-quality version, same size. - GA

Well thanks for you great input ill try the GC set up and see how it works.