Thread: Oil Cooler on '90 Civic Si?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If your cooling system (radiator) is in good condition, you don't need a fan on a race car. If you are in super hot climates, a fan may help after a session when the car is sitting in the paddock.

My oil cooler is plumbed into a sandwich adapter and I run the OEM oil filter in the stock location and also run Redline oil.

Quote Originally Posted by ITC Racer View Post
    If your cooling system (radiator) is in good condition, you don't need a fan on a race car. If you are in super hot climates, a fan may help after a session when the car is sitting in the paddock.
    Or a 85°F (not too hot) day when you have a red flag on track.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

I was considering the sandwich type adapter. I can see with the relocation kit we might be able to get to the filter a little easier (if there is enough room) and would also give us a bigger oil filter. The stock filters are pretty small. Unfortunately I just bought 3 new honda oil filters before we considered the oil cooler. I guess I can put them on ebay. We also want to be able to add an accumulator at a later date. I think the sandwich adapter I was looking at had four large threaded holes in it. I will be honest I am not sure how an accusump plumbs in. Does someone have pictures or diagrams?

Thanks Guy's for your help!
    "Success in life is not in knowing the right answers. It's in knowing how to ask the right questions." - Author Unknown

1990 Honda Civic Si ITA (eventually)
    Hallett COMMA Series PA Class

Default Oil Cooler

Here is a link to the photo's of how I mount an oil cooler (and accusump if desired)

http://raceshop.sbmsinc.com/aeroquip.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ITC Racer View Post

My oil cooler is plumbed into a sandwich adapter and I run the OEM oil filter in the stock location and also run Redline oil.
    The previous owner sent me a incar video and i could see the oil temp gauge and by the end of the race the oil temp was around 275-280 degrees! This thing needs fans and an oil cooler, both of which we are going to be installing. Good thing he was running synthetic! What kind of oil temps are you guys running?
    "Success in life is not in knowing the right answers. It's in knowing how to ask the right questions." - Author Unknown

1990 Honda Civic Si ITA (eventually)
    Hallett COMMA Series PA Class