Thread: Ccps

Default Ccps

Hey folks I've never run a CCPS event. Couldn't quickly find the web site to find out what's the setup and rules for this series.

Anybody got the web site link readily available?? I might try and run at CMP in February looks like it would be fun with the new config.

Just not sure if I have to change stuff on the car etc.

Thanks

Travers
    ITS 19

Default Travers

No changes need to car. You'll follow standard IT rules set forth by SCCA. Race is 45 minutes with mandatory 2 minute stop. Adding fuel is NOT allowed. This is why Doug and I enjoy the series so much. It is a cheap way for both of us to get to play in a single weekend.

Scott Franklin
    www.NutDriver.org

PS You will have to "join" the series. I think that the fee is about $35 per year. There are pay-outs at the end of the season. I think that we've gotten about $15 per year for the last few.
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Sounds ok, do you have to change driver or just sit in the pits?? The only problem I see is that I'm not sure my car will run 45min on the cell I have.

Never really had to worry about it in the usual SARRC/ProIT races.

The longest race is RA at the ARRC with 20 laps which equal 60 miles (20*2.5miles)

So, if I average about 1.45s at RA that means the race is about 35 minutes.

I think CMP is less demanding on fuel consumption so it might be close but it seems I might be able to make the race distance.

Thank Scotty

Travers

Travers, you can just sit in the pits for 2 minutes. Can be brutal at CMP cause the brakes cook. Well, on my car anyway.

Cup races are ok. NOt much S car participation usually, but we've got 3 signed up already, so this may be fun.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Yep, it will be fun to see how the changes to the track work out. My schedule for this year is so tight that I need to make all the close races I can.

Hope the weather is cooperative and not too cold, I'm not much of a cold weather kind a guy.

See you there.

Travers

Here's the link to the CCPS site: http://www.carolinacupracing.com/

The fee to join the series for the year is $20.00. You don't have to join the series to race but you won't be eligable to get points or prize $ if you don't. It's a no brainer to join since a single race will probably pay out more than the 20 bucks!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Travers you will burn about 4.5-5 gallons in a normal 30 minute race at CMP. Should be able to go the distance with 8. Laps run in the 1:5x range in old configuration and should be a little quicker now with less low gear running. Come on out and play!!
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)