Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disclaimer and Disclosure

This Is a Joke On Us Newbees,,, Right???

Well there goes any hope of adding weight to the Golf III. :cool:

In all seriousness, congrats! I think you'll do a great job and be a fantastic addition to the ITCS.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

what year model Knestis XL is best for IT racing?
    Last edited by JeffYoung; 01-18-2008 at 06:19 PM.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    I've already recused myself from voting on that question, since you ask. My input will be exactly what it's always been here and elsewhere - run it through the process.

Dick raises an interesting question. For the purposes of my participation HERE, I'm going to tend to advocate for what I think is right. For the purposes of actually influencing ITAC business, that gets tempered with a more critical review of input, varied points of view, and interests.

You all don't get to see behind the curtain but from what I've seen so far of the ITAC's inner workings, there does appear to be a reassuring sense that members are trying to get it right, rather than further individual agendas.

K

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    Even more thrilling. I try to log in, and the stated initial username password don't work (should be your member numbe and your zip code). I wonder if I have previously logged in and forgotten, so I go through the lost password procedure, and am told to check my email.

Talk about secret car club. Even members can't get in.
    You need to enter your member number EXACTLY as it appears on your membership card including the _ on the card.

So I guess being "THE" Rules Nerd pays off!

Can we just substitute the entire CRB with the ITAC now? Maybe then something good and reasonable can happen...
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

I had been holding off on announcing the addition up in the "ITAC happenings" thread, until we were sure everything was in line and good to go, then I got caught up in other things.

I've been pleased with the ITACs makeup, but due to a members time constraints, we found we had an opening. I was thrilled that Kirk agreed to jump in the pool. (We'll leave the negotiations and how it got done out of it, LOL) He'll keep us flying on the straight and level, no doubt.

Regarding the CRB, we all should take some relief in the knowledge that some of the ITACs openings are the result of the CRB plucking our members for CRB duty. Peter Keane, ITB driver, and Chris Albin, IT and Prod driver have both been given new seats on the CRB. In addition, I had a nice sit down with Stan Clayton when i was in California recently, and he has his head on straight and really gets the big picture. He's a great CRB guy. And likewise Bob Dowie, the chair, who is a real racer, and will engage you in the paddock on anything you want to discuss.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 01-18-2008 at 08:41 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

To: Bob Clark IT Advisorary Committee

Bob, save the crap for the ITAC mettings please. The friken info in the past was out in the open for all to use then someone did the secert deal to the names & e-mail address. You bet I made a call & all I got was wet from pissing in the wind. I suggested that just maybe one of these days some of the peope who can't figure out why people leave the SCCA or don't take part with improving the club would get the picture. Then the wet came. I didn't have the hart to ask the guy I was talking to why it took him or one of his minion a year to get the Graet Lakes Divison shown on the SCCA site map. Ya, to much work & to little help.

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post

In all seriousness, congrats! I think you'll do a great job and be a fantastic addition to the ITCS.

lol, the exact post i was going to make!!! Congrats K, do your best to keep the 80's cars competitive!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post

Bob, save the crap for the ITAC mettings please. The friken info in the past was out in the open for all to use then someone did the secert deal to the names & e-mail address.
    Matt...er, I mean David - you can't be friggin serious can you? You're bitching because you have to go log onto a website to view personal phone and e-mail contact info for volunteer board/committee memebers? Give it a break man. If I were on a board or committee I sure as hell wouldn't want my contact info out there where every spammer, telemarketer, or just plain weirdo had access to it.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Earl: speaks truth.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Bob, save the crap for the ITAC mettings please. The friken info in the past was out in the open for all to use then someone did the secert deal to the names & e-mail address. You bet I made a call & all I got was wet from pissing in the wind. I suggested that just maybe one of these days some of the peope who can't figure out why people leave the SCCA or don't take part with improving the club would get the picture. Then the wet came. I didn't have the hart to ask the guy I was talking to why it took him or one of his minion a year to get the Graet Lakes Divison shown on the SCCA site map. Ya, to much work & to little help.
    Jeeez, what'd Bob do to you??
    (to be clear, I think that post was out of line.)
    Last edited by lateapex911; 01-19-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Earl, all the e-mail info was out in the open in the past. All of a sudden it's secret. To anyone who has the answer. Why are the BoD e-mails available without logging in but not the other people of other SCCA groups?

Jake, you will have a pm shortly. Please don't call posts out of line where your not up to speed.

Have Fun
    David

Why are the BoD e-mails available without logging in but not the other people of other SCCA groups?
    How about because spammers write software code that troll open web pages, harvesting all email addresses they find, and adds those email addresses to lists that are used to create millions of spam emails per minute, distributed via a worldwide web of infected residential PCs on high-speed access lines, the "botnet"?

And that a spammer is highly unlikely to sign up for an SCCA membership just to be able to add a couple dozen or so emails to the tens of millions they already have?

David, I know there are some black helicopters flying around occasion, but I think it's high time to come out of the bunker for some vitamin D once in a while...and no reason to attack Jake, 'cause I think your response was way out of line, too. Hell, I was wondering if you were drunk-posting or something...holy geezus, man...

Jake, you will have a pm shortly. Please don't call posts out of line where your not up to speed.

Have Fun
    David
    David, i received a correspondence from you in my personal email box. I tried to respond from there, but it came back "Permanent fatal errors in address"..I tried the "Email thru IT.com link" but THAT came back with "This user does not allow contact" or something similar. Whatever...I tried to respond in ther manner which you selected but....

So, since you demanded I respond, here you go.

You eamil spoke of history between you and Mr Clark, and attacked his integrity. I do not know what has transpired between the two of you, and whether your claims are or are not justified, but that is all essentially irrelevant, as neither does 99% of those here reading your posts to him. When the "back story" isn't known, your attack makes you look less than honorable, and I too read it and wondered if there was some drinking going on.

In my opinion, you were out of line regardless of your history, as Bob's post had nothing to do with your past.

If your posts require back channel or private emails to explain, then perhaps they shouldn't be made on a public forum.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Hey! I thought this thread was about how Kirk gets to take some heat!

Seriously, I am very excited to work with Kirk. Not only is he technically strong but he has a strong sense of IT history and is a policy guy. A real win/win.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

***So, since you demanded I respond, here you go.***

Jake, first I don't have a clue why I don't receive mail & second you don't read well. Your theatrics within your latest post is beyond belief. The ps requested you respond that you received the e-mail. Not that you run your mouth. I hope that you make better decisions while working with ITAC issues. Apparently the ITAC protects their own just as the BoD protects their own.

With the suggestions of black helicopters/drinking I will surmise that sometimes when people come up short on roll cage/head rest issues they resort to other communication process.

Jake or Greg, would you like to talk rules about head rest or main hoop diagonal?
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Good point: Lord, please save us, all...

Jake or Greg, would you like to talk rules about head rest or main hoop diagonal?
    No. As I said in that topic, 'no interest at all on the subject.'

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post

Seriously, I am very excited to work with Kirk. Not only is he technically strong but he has a strong sense of IT history and is a policy guy. A real win/win.

AB
    yea Kirk, lets get a move on here! take some heat, eh?
    David, I'm not going to follow you down the baited path. Everybody has their issues to run up the flagpole, the headrest thingy is yours I guess. Good luck with it.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Whew....for a minute I thought I was on the wrong site. I mean Jake has a hottie for an avitar, the page looks different and for awhile David wasn't ranting about cages...... It's good to be home!!!

Congrats K. I don't always agree with you but there is logic behind your arguments. We will be well served.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17