Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mid Ohio WOR games up in the air

Is "up in the air" better?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by xr4racer View Post
    I still think the October date sucks (mainly because I can not go).
    I loved that date. For several years in a row now we've had sunny skies and cool air, which made for very fast lap times. It also was perfect for me leading up to the ARRC. I got one last chance to take the car out to a track I know like the back of my hand. I knew if the car was right or not. Then if it wasn't, I had a month to get it ready before the ARRC.

Steve - I know that you guys have the second double at ORP. It doesn't look like I'll be at the May one (probably doing VIR the following weekend), so maybe I'll be at that later one. I just don't like the idea of using that track as my last test before the ARRC. Things can go very wrong there very quickly.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Any update on this event?
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Other than it's officially been removed from the GLDiv schedule, I've heard no other updates from them.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Quote Originally Posted by Racerlinn View Post
    Other than it's officially been removed from the GLDiv schedule, I've heard no other updates from them.
    No contact about running ORP?

Just waiting for an 'official' update...
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Since I started this thread, I am hearing Nelson Ledges as a possibility. I hope they do the WOR games somewhere as I hate to see long standing traditions go down the tubes.

matt

Went to the Western Ohio board meeting last night, looks like they have some dates offered for Nelson for WOR games. Unfortunately, 2 of those dates are for May, which I think would be a good option, but things would have to start happening pretty fast for that to happen, and the other two dates are for the weekend before and the weekend after the OVR regional at Mid-Ohio, either of which would probably be a disaster as far as car count.
    "I came, I saw, I broke"

Quote Originally Posted by x1/9racer View Post
    Went to the Western Ohio board meeting last night, looks like they have some dates offered for Nelson for WOR games. Unfortunately, 2 of those dates are for May, which I think would be a good option, but things would have to start happening pretty fast for that to happen, and the other two dates are for the weekend before and the weekend after the OVR regional at Mid-Ohio, either of which would probably be a disaster as far as car count.
    May seems like a bad choice. You'll end up a week away from one of the other Double Regionals (of which currently there are only a total of 5) on our already goofy Regional schedule.
    And racing on Mother's Day is never a good thing (we've faced that before).
    Of course, going the weekend before or after a M-O event sucks too (been there, done that as well).
    Sheesh. How about a nice mid-June date.....

But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

As I understand it, nothing available in June, which is kind of weird, it seems like we never have any events in June. Why is that?
    "I came, I saw, I broke"

The later May date(not Mom's day) might be a good one. It would be the first race at Nelson and the fisrt one after the school in April.
    There are quite a few races at Nelson though...I seem to remember the Golden Harvest being a little light on entries last year. I don't know if regions ever team up but what about some kind of Harvest/WOR combo, it would be in Oct just like WOR games and maybe get more cars for the GH. ?

Per the Great Lakes Division website:

02/28/2008: The WOR Games event has been added to the schedule. It will be held at Nelson Ledges on 8/30 and 8/31 with a PDX on 8/29.

Busy 3 consecutive weeks. Longest day, WOR Games, then OVR at M/O. With the cost of living I need to decide which one I'm going to. WOR and OVR are just too close for the bank account.

Default WOR GAMES Aug 29,30,31

All
    The members of WOR Region are happy to announce that the WOR games for 2008 will be held at Nelson Ledges this year we are going to make this a great event keep watching the forums for updates or contact me directly I will be on every day from now till the event !
    Thanks
    Steve Colletti
    WOR Games Chair