Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Intake Manifold for a 240Z???

Say, that light blue #71 above isn't an ITS car, is it
    katman

I think it says EP on the side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mackaman View Post
    Being another 260, I have no choices. There were a lot of options for the 240. Look into the carb openning, at the middle port. I think that there is one, like the N-33 that you will see a difference in. I am told it is almost as good as the N-36. I have even seen a very fast 240 with a N-36 on it for a while. Seems the dude didn't know, must not have cuz as soon as I mentioned to him that they were a 260 only part, he came back with N-33's.

Mike
    Your right there is a bit of a difference. The walls seperating cyl2-3 and 4-5 on the e-88s have less of a taper from the carb side than the n-33's which are reatively blunt. I have not seen an n-36 to compare, but have heard they are either similar or identical to the n-33. We're gonna try each (e-88 and n-33) just to see how the different runners affeect it if at all. My sneaking suspicion is Katmans right that we are best off with the purtiest one.

Quote Originally Posted by kthomas View Post
    Say, that light blue #71 above isn't an ITS car, is it
    LOL - well, yes and no. Dave ran his old car (Rusty) in ITS for many years in RMDiv. The unibody got so beat up on our rough tracks that two years ago he decided to start with a fresh tub, and decided to go EP instead of IT. Mainly, I think, because there are so many more entries at nationals here than regionals - more people to race with at a national.

Dave doesn't have a huge budget, so what you're basically looking at there is an IT car with no bumpers, no dash and slicks. He's pretty ingenious though, and fast, so I have no doubt that within a couple of years the only time we'll be that close on track is right before the green falls.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Quote Originally Posted by x-ring View Post
    He's pretty ingenious though, and fast, so I have no doubt that within a couple of years the only time we'll be that close on track is right before the green falls.
    Not to mention he's rebuilding YOUR engine...
    ITS 240-Z #50
    Rio Grande Region

Is it just me or is the 240Z in ITS just pure heaven? Frig. Wish we had a supply of rust free stuff up here.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Is it just me or is the 240Z in ITS just pure heaven? Frig. Wish we had a supply of rust free stuff up here.
    Dunno 'bout that, Andy. Old cars can be a *bit* of a challenge. Sometimes while I'm thrashing on my car between sessions I watch the Miata guys hanging out in lawn chairs under their canopies with envy.

I think they're a lot more fun to drive than a Miata, but than I've only driven a Miata a couple of times. OTOH, those Miatas turn and brake better. I was pretty amazed how much deeper I could go before I hit the binders.

As for the rust-free deal, I don't think there is such a thing. The car I'm racing now came out of Phoenix and it had a little bit.

If I were building a new car now, and had a bigger budget, I'd be seriously thinking about a 280. Anybody got Joe Harlin's phone number?
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Quote Originally Posted by x-ring View Post
    If I were building a new car now, and had a bigger budget, I'd be seriously thinking about a 280.
    Mine's a 280. Soooooo close

Quote Originally Posted by mom'sZ View Post
    Mine's a 280. Soooooo close

Do you or are you going to run in south florida?

Yes, I live about half an hour from Moroso. Homestead, Sebring and Daytona are all within a couple hours drive. I've never road raced a car, but road raced motorcycles for a few seasons in the early 90s. I've been crewing some for a friend at SCCA events here in FL to learn the ropes, see how things work. I built instead of buy, I know bad decision, but for me it's as much about the car as it is about racing. It's almost ready and schools will be coming up here soon with any luck.

Apparently we aren't far apart. We have a shop in Riviera Beach, and like you hope to be doing the schools soon. We ran the PDX at Moroso in the fall, and will be running any PDX's we have in Fla region this year (I heard it may be June or July), and either my brother or I (whoever draws the short straw) will do the double school next year at Roebling. My uncle has a warehouse full of old z parts so if you need anything just give us a shout. Are you going out to the track for the event this weekend?

Would love to make the event a Moroso this weekend. Home life is a little hectic at the moment but I'm gonna try. Email sent about parts needed.