Thread: New

Hello everyone

Ive been a lurker for a while with a question every now and then. I seem to be spending more and more time on this forum, so I figured I would introduce myself.

My name is Wes. My dad and I have a 91 rx7 that meets ITS rules with the exception being the additional door bars on the cage. We have owned the car for 4yrs. The guy we bought it from hadn’t raced it in a few years. My dad autocrosses the car in Cleveland and then I take it out and stretch its legs at the track from time to time.

I am still on college so finding time for track days can be a little rough. Especially since the car is in Cleveland, I go to school in Cincinnati and then co-op in Philadelphia.

I started doing track days a number of years ago, and then wrecked my daily driver not long after. This is when it was decided to get a dedicated track car. I took a 4 year break from track stuff, and autocrossed for a while. Then I decided to give track stuff another shot 1.5yr ago, and haven’t looked back.

I went o Mid-Ohio for two weekends and BeaveRun for one this past year with Northern Ohio Porsche Club. I cant believe it took me so long to get back on track.

I plan on running with NASA as well next year. I would like to move up through their HPDE and then time trials for a bit, before getting my racing license.

I currently am in Philly on my co-op so if anyone lives in the area and would like an extra hand or just wants too grab a beer and talk cars, im game.

Thanks
    Wes
    Wes
    29 ITS

Welcome to the posting side of IT.com Wes.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Wes, welcome to the IT site, enjoy your track time & enjoy wheel to wheel racing when you get to it. I like your plan of getting some track time before you jump all over a license. It's ALL about seat time, seat time & more seat time.

***I plan on running with NASA as well next year. I would like to move up through their HPDE and then time trials for a bit, before getting my racing license. ***

Most of all, Have Fun
    David

Thanks for the support, and the welcomes. i wish it was april already, ive been looking at some in car video recently and i cannot wait to get back out with the car.